Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East Coast CMP Track Day 2019 pix!

The overall production car record is a viper acr at 1:37:04 https://thenewswheel.com/the-dodge-v...orsports-park/

I believe I've done a 1:43 at CMP. 1:25 is just insane!! Just watched Troy's video. That is truly 10/10th's driving. Good grief!!

Sorry, all the tshirts got sold at the event- sorry

WE NEED MORE PIX!! Can someone post more? I actually didn't take that many as i was either driving or helping sort my friends S2000. My wife took the one's from tower. I saw a bunch of people with cameras. Anyone post video to you tube?..

Good Morning Guys,
    I do pop in every now and then and what a surprise to see such wonderful cars.
    yes, Godzilla is correct, our car was far from stock, those Lap times were with a Pro Driver, Not Derek, I believe Derek's times were around 137?
    my memory suffers from the CO poisoning (tuning at the Trans Am Depot) on the dyno 3 years ago come this June.
    as for engines, we actually never lost an engine in the green car as it was running on MoTec. which will in just about every case protect the motor.
    we also had a red line of 8700 rpm soft and a 9300 rpm's hard if you can imagine that.
    however we did start an engine program with a well known engine builder and race team, I believe that all of the 8 very expensive engines failed in short order.
    the builder used coated coated JE pistons. not the ones that AER and I prescribed (scat). I believe this is what caused the failure, see, I believe that the coating did not allow the oil to carry the heat out of the cylinder via the oil squirters and most engines failed on or about their first track day. this is why I buy, when possible, all my engines from AER, lessons learned.
    back to track days, we tested a lot, some times over 40 weekends a year. crazy good times and lots of tears.
    to put it in perspective, if the track were 2 plus miles or longer, we were generally faster than any GT3RS and equal to or faster than any Daytona Prototype on just about every occasion that we came across one. most any time we were entered in the Optima ultimate street car challenge, we posted a better lap time than the winner (many times Danny Popp) problem is, if you drop a wheel that session is disqualified. I seem to remember 124-125's at Mid Ohio, crazy fast...
    so, I would say a fast GT3RS would be 136's at CMP and i would guess that a prototype would be well under 120's if professionally driven on the same day.

Anyhow, I was just grazing the internet last night and decided to pop in, was thinking about when the east Coast track day was going to happen and then, Ooops. it already did.
    I wish I could of made it. in fact we have a Noble at the shop from Montenegro, would have showed well. we are fixing to put it up for sell, maybe 75k after I get it tuned and a full detail and track prep.
    -Troy Fralick
    troy@nobleupgrades.com
    Tallahassee Speed Shop, Inc.
    5338 Gateway Drive
    Tallahassee, Fl 32303
    850-597-8919
    904-838-9150 cell
    And
    Remade by Hand, Inc.
    Porsche Restorations
    173 McCallister Rd
    Crawfordville, FL 32327

Hi troy
    great to see you popping in we welcome your expertise

Hey Willie,
    love the meet pics, would love vids.
    holler at me when your bored
    Troy
    -Troy Fralick
    troy@nobleupgrades.com
    Tallahassee Speed Shop, Inc.
    5338 Gateway Drive
    Tallahassee, Fl 32303
    850-597-8919
    904-838-9150 cell
    And
    Remade by Hand, Inc.
    Porsche Restorations
    173 McCallister Rd
    Crawfordville, FL 32327

5. Default

Here are some pics my son Ben took at the event. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images                

Wow! thank you for all the pics, these cars are so beautiful running around a racetrack in their natural environment! That Video Scott shared is mind boggling! I can only dream of mine being that fast some day lol..

7. Default

We had a videographer at the event put together a short video. Thanks to Logan at Aperture Charlotte for the production.

https://youtu.be/fl0L7M5VFNg

Enjoy.

Thats an awesome little bonus, nice video!