Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A free M400 Kind of........

1. Default

Car is finally running! After draining all the fluids and getting oil cycled through the engine and turbos it fired up. It was missing on one cylinder for a bit but the other kicked in finally. Currently putting new tires on the car and waiting on the original owner to get a current registration sticker to drive it a bit more. If everything seems fine then all hoses and such will be replaced. Looking god so far!!

Congratulations, Very Happy for you.

Name:  IMG_1322.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  558.3 KB Looks like I have a twin! Welcome to the club :-)

4. Default

Wow, beautiful! I hope to have mine on the road soon. Still chasing bad hoses and need to flush the brake system.

5. Default

I just picked up the car this past weekend from my friends shop who was going through it. It was more of a favor from him as he hand builds shelby cobra's. basically he was working on my car between the real paying jobs lol. I've driven it a few times and its really nice and a much better daily driver than I had anticipated. Pretty fast but still somewhat comfortable for my 6'1" frame as long as I take the bottom seat cushion out. Everything seems to be working perfectly. I'll have to get the A/C recharged but the car runs cool and handles great. There is a red light on the dash that stays on continuosly and I have a small coolant leak from the front drivers side of the car. I can't seem to see where its coming from as I do not have the build manual or any schematics on the cooling system. I took off the front left tire to poke around and can see coolant in the undercarriage pan, but can't find a leaky hoses. Does anyone know what this red light means? We've tested oil pressure and levels and they check out.

Default light

Should be low brake fluid

build manual is in owner section on this forum
    Last edited by cooch8c; 10-29-2019 at 07:53 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cooch8c View Post
    Should be low brake fluid

build manual is in owner section on this forums
    Great thanks! Ill have to pm a moderator with the car info to gain access to the owners section.

That red light is used for two things - first, it goes on if your brake fluid is low. Second, it goes on if your ebrake handle isn’t all the way down. From the factory, there isn’t a spring holding the ebrake in the down position, so many times the handle floats up and makes this light turn on or flicker, especially when you go over bumps...

9. Default

Thanks Jim! I'll take a look at both things you mentioned once PG&E turns the power back on at my shop. I haven't been able to work for the last 4 business days due to the blackouts.

10. Default

Jim and Cooch, you were correct, brake fluid was low.

anybody know the paint code or paint name for the color of my car? There’s a few tiny marks is like to touch up.
    thanks for everyone’s help and I’m sure I’ll have more questions as time goes on.