Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCA TT National Quallifier

Default SCCA TT National Quallifier

I will be racing my Noble M400 on May 25-26th at CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park) for the SCCA Time Trial National Qualifier if anyone is interested or wants to come hang out. I may also have my Talon there running in the Unlimited AWD class as well if I can finish getting the Aero kit secured.

Sounds awesome! I will try to make it... might also try to literally join you on track Need to deconflict my sched... but car is ready to go.

that would be awesome!! would be cool to get some fellow Noble/Rossion owners there if for nothing else to watch. My car is holding up. had some minor issues at the Noble day but overall should be ok. I have some Nitto tires on order so I wont be skating around like I was the other week lol.

Wish i could be there to support you but would love to get updates

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post
    Wish i could be there to support you but would love to get updates
    no worries man, in part you have been supporting with the windshield, and brakes

Will you be running the full track lay out? I have seen TT's there that use a different configuration. Also, is it a standing start?
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

so the SCCA TT National qualifier was overall a success.. I was able to place first in class by 9.5 seconds and 4th overall. I struggled all weekend with high oil temps only allowing me a warm up lap and two flyers for time before I had to come in to let it cool down.. also struggled with traffic as the car was so fast compared to some of the competition, I was literally lapping people on the first flying lap after the green...

Godzilla- We ran the full track configuration with a session called track sprint that we did on sunday morning.. this was from a dead stop hill climb style, from grid to just before the kink.

I did have a off coming in to turn one, came in way too fast, and don't think the brakes were warmed up enough as it was the first flying lap. tires never locked up but would not slow down enough. went off just barely into the sand trap with the front, tore the alumalite splitter off that I made, with no other damage to the car, so that was a relief.

I have a few things that I need to address and make better for continued track use,

#1 thing is getting the oil temps under control, I plan to upgrade the oil cooler and lines as well as rig the windshield washer spray nozzle to spray on the oil cooler. hoping this will be enough to let me get several sessions before the heat overcomes it.

#2 is replacing the shift cables and make sure everything is locktite'd I had a problem with the shifting coming out of adjustment during the track sprint and lost 3rd and 5th gear. was able to readjust in the pits before the full lap sessions and it worked fine the rest of the day but ultimately cost me a 2nd place overall.

#3 is to replace all the fluids with high temp race fluids. I was experiencing boiling the brake fluid.

The car was a huge attraction at the event and left a lot of people speechless to the raw speed it was able to produce... often hearing comments that people saw me coming but had no idea I would catch them that fast echoing from every session out..

So Awesome. Really sorry I was not there. I need to make time for this next year!!

no problem man, would have loved to have ya there but it was very hot!! was 102 at the track and about 120 on the grid...

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    #1 thing is getting the oil temps under control, I plan to upgrade the oil cooler and lines as well as rig the windshield washer spray nozzle to spray on the oil cooler. hoping this will be enough to let me get several sessions before the heat overcomes it.
    Do an oil analysis. That'll help determine if your oil is breaking down prematurely.
    Run higher oil weight during the hotter months, this will also help with keeping the viscosity up at higher oil temps, as well as keep the temps at a nominal level for longer.

The car was a huge attraction at the event and left a lot of people speechless to the raw speed it was able to produce... often hearing comments that people saw me coming but had no idea I would catch them that fast echoing from every session out..
    haha, I've seen videos from other cars on track and it's crazy how fast the Noble looks when passing.