Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCCA TT National Quallifier

Great job Rival, glad you are kicking some ass!
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

What kind of oil temps were you seeing, at 150 C you are still fine
    run Amsoil dominator at 190 C you are still okay but realy pushing the limit

the oil will not break down till 250 C

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post
    What kind of oil temps were you seeing, at 150 C you are still fine
    run Amsoil dominator at 190 C you are still okay but realy pushing the limit

the oil will not break down till 250 C
    what about the engine seals etc... even if the oil doesn't brake down wont the seals fail at a certain temp? I am not sure the exact temp as the oil temp gauge was pegged. still using the stock gage.

Rival,
    After I called you today about the rear wing, I remembered an old thread from an owner called Pinnacle, on page 4 there is a pic of an after market wing and vortex generators. I can't speak to the effectiveness of the install but thought you would want to see it.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...ght=#post93383
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Rival,
    After I called you today about the rear wing, I remembered an old thread from an owner called Pinnacle, on page 4 there is a pic of an after market wing and vortex generators. I can't speak to the effectiveness of the install but thought you would want to see it.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...ght=#post93383
    Thank you Godzilla, I have never run vortex generators, but may be worth looking into.. also plan on changing the wing to a more efficient setup, just need to work out how I am going to beef up the support of the clam to handle it.

So the next event I am attending is going to be the TT national up in michigan at gingerman raceway on july 27-28. The goal is to race both cars, the noble and the talon. this will set me up for the National championship in bowling green Kentucky. if that goes well I plan on going to some global time attack events and ultimately get qualified to go to World Time Attack in Sydney Australia next year hopefully.

I have some things I want to sort out before the event like the smoking issue. I am going to order a Radium Engineering dual catch can to do away with recirculating it back into the intake.. Will the lack of recirculation be enough to need a retune??

Also need to fit a larger oil cooler to help keep oil temps in check, anyone have any recommendations? Currently the stock cooler has been moved up front but I think I need a larger cooler and maybe larger feed and return lines that feed through a thermostat to allow the cars oil temps to come up to temp.