Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Replacement gas cap.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Replacement gas cap.

    In search of a locking gas cap for a
    M 400... Are there any sources in the United States? Need ASAP !
    Thanks.

  2. Default

    This is the type I bought in 2010. Works great. (not locking though)

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-VENT...wAAOSwX2xbtRlt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    In search of a locking gas cap for a
    M 400... Are there any sources in the United States? Need ASAP !
    Thanks.
    I clicked on the link
    It shows keys..

  4. Default

    this will teach you to be VERY careful in the future! Guess how I know.
    My methodology is to put the car key/gas cap lock key into the caps lock ANYTIME the cap is not in its home. That way you cant drive off with the cap off.

    https://fuelsafe.com/instantsearchplus/result/?q=a3l
    Part number A3L
    Seems like the price has gone up in the last year.
    It was "Are you for real?" to "You've got to be kidding!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Nor Ca
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default M400 Gas Cap

    Quote Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
    this will teach you to be VERY careful in the future! Guess how I know.
    My methodology is to put the car key/gas cap lock key into the caps lock ANYTIME the cap is not in its home. That way you cant drive off with the cap off.

    https://fuelsafe.com/instantsearchplus/result/?q=a3l
    Part number A3L
    Seems like the price has gone up in the last year.
    It was "Are you for real?" to "You've got to be kidding!"
    BATINC is located in Florida and has the fuel caps in stock and can ship the same day you place the order if you order early enough in the day for them to meet shiiping otherwise it will go out first thing next morning. The price for the Aero 300 with 2 sets of keys is $174 plus tax and shipping. These folks are super nice on the phone. See the links below. This is my PSA for the day.
    https://www.batinc.net/
    https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...loaded/cap.pdf

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo986 View Post
    BATINC is located in Florida and has the fuel caps in stock and can ship the same day you place the order if you order early enough in the day for them to meet shiiping otherwise it will go out first thing next morning. The price for the Aero 300 with 2 sets of keys is $174 plus tax and shipping. These folks are super nice on the phone. See the links below. This is my PSA for the day.
    https://www.batinc.net/
    https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...loaded/cap.pdf
    Thanks to all !! Got one from BATINC
    sent overnight delivery.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Thanks for the links and info . Some Jerk stole my cap at a parking lot [ my fault i suppose i didn't lock it ]
    I had ordered some stuff for my noble thru BAT many years ago, yes nice folks i was still in their system.
    Price is currently $205 , comes with the top flange as well . locking style.

    edit to add . I ordered the "cheaper" flush mount flange style, as i only needed the cap,-- but the correct application is the stepped funnel style flange, for $250
    Last edited by ignoble; 06-18-2019 at 09:37 AM.

  8. Default

    Update, (no I didnt forget to put my gas cap on again, why would you think I forgot to put the gas cap on again? These things are expensive, I would never forget to put the gas cap on.)

    If you happen to need one, here is a cheaper source
    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...o_05-21999.php

    not cheap, but cheaper
    again, its
    Part number A3L

    Last edited by doug_porsche; 09-04-2019 at 12:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    West Creek Nj
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    4

  10. Default

    Well, it looks good.
    I dont know if its a direct replacement, but....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •