Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Annual East Coast Track Day

[QUOTE=Driven;101407]Sounds enticing! I'd love to go out just to run the track, but would need to rent something.

So this is probably one of the safest tracks you can run. In general there is considerable run out in most areas. Yes, there are some guardrails but mostly in areas where there aren't any issues (like front straight). It is a *very* technical track and a little slower than some of the faster tracks. The fastest I typically run is 120 max going into the 'kink'. The good news is: if you can carry speed through the turns it is a pretty competitive track for miatas, etc. Yes, the higher powered cars will pass on the straights but it can definitely be fun for slower cars and you can actually catch some of the faster cars in the turns if you drive it well. I literally took my wifes Ford Edge sport one year as I got a flat in the Rossion on the way there and couldn't get a tire short notice. I still had a lot of fun!

There are several good videos online on how to drive line, etc and it's worth reviewing multiple times before you get there so you don't spend the first hour or so just learning the track. NASA has a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzJWWI6SwEg

Here is me playing around with a friend in an S2000 showing him the line from last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COkkHjQQK4

[QUOTE=Driven;101410]If it wasn't a 33 hour tow one way, I'd bring mine out. There are a few in Florida, not sure if their owners are active in the Noble collective. Willys V8 powered Rossi looks and sounds much better than the Kswapped cars though. Hopefully he'll bring it out.

Yeah I would love if someone would show up with one.. I saw willys v8 rossion last year at the event but it was having some heat issues I believe, as I have in my Noble.. I have a front mount oil cooler, but still only get about two hard laps before oil temps go through the roof... I like the idea of the reliability and benefits the honda motor provides, and the resolution of shifting issues and heat.

I found this video from 2012, the drivers and wives dinner the night before our very first track event.

https://youtu.be/lqZul5UaYZw
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I found this video from 2012, the drivers and wives dinner the night before our very first track event.

https://youtu.be/lqZul5UaYZw

Hahaha!!! Excellent!!! Wow that brings back some memories. I seriously can't believe this has been going on that long. I believe you were the one who set up the first event, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by esrandl View Post
    Hahaha!!! Excellent!!! Wow that brings back some memories. I seriously can't believe this has been going on that long. I believe you were the one who set up the first event, is that correct?
    Yes that is correct, I organized the first 3 years, but that was not the "first" event. The year before I organized ECNRG, East Coast Noble Rossion Gathering. It was a weekend spent in Gatlinburg Tennessee and driving The Tail of the Dragon. We had a decent turnout. That is where Gafernandez and I met for the first time. SteveCapecod was there also.

I am happy and honored that Supercarsensation and Gafernadez took over the event and have made it what it is today.

After 9 years, we have had 0 crashes!!! Though we have had many mechanicals, a few offs, and 1 fire. If I am correct, Gafernandez and myself are the only ones to make it every year, unless Supercarsensation has also. Unfortunately for you, esrandl, but fortunately for our fighting men and women, you could not be there every year, being in Afghanistan saving soldiers.

Thinking back to all the former owners that made the event over the years, it sucks when they sell their cars and disappear, its like losing a friend. Ross, Travoli, Rogereagle to name a few.

Esrandl, maybe we should organize a bike ride!!!
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

[Here is me playing around with a friend in an S2000 showing him the line from last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COkkHjQQK4[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how the S2000 was hanging with you, then I saw the lap time and realized you were being nice, I have seen you in the high 1:40's. Towards the end of the video you started pulling away.

it looks like there is a good chance I will have both my cars there this year, so I can give scary rides in a fast 4 cylinder lol...

8. Default

Godzilla, always great to see you at these events as you created this wonderful ritual! Happy to carry the torch, but would love to see you get back into the game with another Noble! Anything on the horizon?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Yes that is correct, I organized the first 3 years, but that was not the "first" event. The year before I organized ECNRG, East Coast Noble Rossion Gathering. It was a weekend spent in Gatlinburg Tennessee and driving The Tail of the Dragon. We had a decent turnout. That is where Gafernandez and I met for the first time. SteveCapecod was there also.

I am happy and honored that Supercarsensation and Gafernadez took over the event and have made it what it is today.

After 9 years, we have had 0 crashes!!! Though we have had many mechanicals, a few offs, and 1 fire. If I am correct, Gafernandez and myself are the only ones to make it every year, unless Supercarsensation has also. Unfortunately for you, esrandl, but fortunately for our fighting men and women, you could not be there every year, being in Afghanistan saving soldiers.

Thinking back to all the former owners that made the event over the years, it sucks when they sell their cars and disappear, its like losing a friend. Ross, Travoli, Rogereagle to name a few.

Esrandl, maybe we should organize a bike ride!!!

Dave, nothing in the works for now. As long as Willy lets me drive his car, I am good!

I am such a believer in the brand, I dont plan to leave the community like so many other past owners have.

So I recently got a used drone to see if I can get some decent shots during the event. I am actually getting pretty good with it and hopefully I will be taking some aerial video at the event!