Thread: New Engine

Default New Engine

I知 new to Noble ownership and unfortunately need to replace an engine 4 months into ownership. I knew going into this it was a possibility. Noble M400 chassis #207.

I知 looking for direction on engines and modifications needed if I知 getting a new V6 Duratec? Does any one have experience on the best path? I appreciate any help that you could provide.

Ouch.
    it sucks to spend good money on a car just to have it fail so soon. I Both feel for you and know how it feels, unfortunately.

Do you need a whole long block, or are you looking just to replace what’s broken?
    I wish there was a 1-stop shop for all the parts we use, but I am not sure it exists. There is an FAQ on Piston Heads that has some good info, and then there are some US equivalents for other things (iirc a 05 escape head?). Others should chime in.

additionally, the Honda k swap is an option.
    Supposedly the v6 ecoboosts won’t fit, but I’m still tempted to give it a go. I believe height was the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowering Lotus View Post
    I’m new to Noble ownership and unfortunately need to replace an engine 4 months into ownership. I knew going into this it was a possibility. Noble M400 chassis #207.

I’m looking for direction on engines and modifications needed if I’m getting a new V6 Duratec? Does any one have experience on the best path? I appreciate any help that you could provide.
    I have personally not had any experience in sourcing a motor, however since no response I will chime in. Search the forums. I recall multiple threads on this or similar topic. Not sure about a "new" Duratec vs a built legacy Duratec motor. Driven has an excellent write up on going the Honda K motor route if you wanted to use this as an opportunity to do an engine swap.

You can also try Rossion and see if they have any AER motors left (doubtful), they were pretty cheap when they did have them. It can be tough to connect with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowering Lotus View Post
    I’m new to Noble ownership and unfortunately need to replace an engine 4 months into ownership. I knew going into this it was a possibility. Noble M400 chassis #207.

I’m looking for direction on engines and modifications needed if I’m getting a new V6 Duratec? Does any one have experience on the best path? I appreciate any help that you could provide.
    ***NEW*** will be difficult or excessively expensive.
    Used is a different story. You can check with Willy or Turbohoses for the engine. They are likely to provide pretty good examples, but I would still make sure you get any used engine checked before you install... check oil, do a compression check, do a leak down, etc. Do your due diligence.

If you go with a standard Duratec motor, find the install guide, read thru it, and see what needs to be modified in order for the engine to be installed.
    Internally, I'm not sure what is different between the standard Duratecs and the ones fitted to Nobles. I know forged pistons are a thing, but outside of that, I think it's basically stock. The real struggle is getting it retuned with the new engine. Tuners are hard to find for the MBE unless you go to Turbohoses, which charges $2k for a tune.

Your best bet is to repair the motor. I'm guessing you're the Utah owner that's been posting on IG lately... if so, tough break as I read what happened

Quote Originally Posted by ConSynX View Post
    Supposedly the v6 ecoboosts won’t fit, but I’m still tempted to give it a go. I believe height was the concern.
    I imagine a dry sump could help with that. but please please please, go this route. I've been curious how this ends up working ever since cooch started working on his (http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...2-DIY-projects)

Quote Originally Posted by esrandl View Post
    Driven has an excellent write up on going the Honda K motor route if you wanted to use this as an opportunity to do an engine swap.
    The Kswap would be just as expensive as sourcing a duratec, if not more.... unfortunately. Especially if you want to do it right and be reliable. It's not a swap for people looking for a cost-effective way in replacing the duratec.

The real benefit of the kswap is the costs AFTER getting it working. Parts are insanely cheap, readily available (amazon prime!), and tuning is fairly easy. Horsepower is also far easier/cheaper to make in the Kseries than in the duratec, and it's more controllable on track.

The Eco Boost does not fit

the difference is the pistons and the oil squatters, i have rebuilt engines usually in stock but i am about 5 weeks out right now. This is not as sinple a going to the junk yard and getting a motor.

fully rebuilt motors are $5700

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post

fully rebuilt motors are $5700
    And... Willy to the rescue! Hop on this!!

ps. be glad this isn't a Ferrari you're trying to service..

Is there any reason yours can not be rebuilt? Which state are you in?

Name:  B4CF2E30-9F60-4754-846E-2BAB83875C2B.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  293.0 KB