Thread: Engine chirping sound

Default Engine chirping sound

I want to start tracking again and did a leak down test to make sure everything was good. They said all were good, between 3-4% tops. The next time I started the engine, I hear this bird chirping sound from the front passenger side of the engine. It doesn't matter if it's warm or cold. When I took the car out again, once on boost the car wouldn't build boost and it would miss terribly. Another time out, everything was fine and the next it was bad again. All of this started happening after the leak down test. Ever heard of this and any ideas what to look for.

Thanks,

Ken

sounds like a vacuum leak
    -Troy Fralick
    troy@nobleupgrades.com
    Tallahassee Speed Shop, Inc.
    5338 Gateway Drive
    Tallahassee, Fl 32303
    850-597-8919
    904-838-9150 cell
    And
    Remade by Hand, Inc.
    Porsche Restorations
    173 McCallister Rd
    Crawfordville, FL 32327

I guess the only way to figure it out is to look at every little hose connection. Would it more likely be a pop off valve or something like that?

Thanks,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken7258 View Post
    I guess the only way to figure it out is to look at every little hose connection. Would it more likely be a pop off valve or something like that?

Thanks,

Ken

1st I would check the air temperature sensor electrical connector, see if it got swapped with the boost control solenoid
    -Troy Fralick
    troy@nobleupgrades.com
    Tallahassee Speed Shop, Inc.
    5338 Gateway Drive
    Tallahassee, Fl 32303
    850-597-8919
    904-838-9150 cell
    And
    Remade by Hand, Inc.
    Porsche Restorations
    173 McCallister Rd
    Crawfordville, FL 32327

Thanks Troy. Do you have a picture of what connector should be where?

On another note, I'll probably be going to the dyno for an hour next week and I'll have you look at everything remotely like you've done 3-4 times.

Thanks or your help.

Ken

I believe they’re both Bosch EV1 connectors, which is how they could get mixed up.
    My AIT sensor has some shrink around it and the TPS sensor to try and show that they go near each other while the MAP, coolant temp, and Boost Control solenoid have a zip tie around them to serve the same purpose.

Chirping was a loose belt, thanks for the diagnose Willy. Car ran great today, no boost break up.

How did you fix the running and boost issue

Ken, could you advise?

i am interested in how you fixed the problems as well.

Willy thought it was a belt and had me spray brake cleaner on the belts, they chirped like crazy. I thought I would have to tighten them but now that it's warmer, no chirping. I re-gaped the plugs to 26 and haven't had the boost problem. I'll drive the car a lot tomorrow and make sure that was the problem. Almost sounds to simple.