Thread: Need part # for coolant line, under passenger footwell?

Default Need part # for coolant line, under passenger footwell?

I have found a coolant leak above the passenger's side footwell. At first, I thought the hose clamp around the 5/8 rubber hose was loose, so I added another hose clamp next to the existing clamp, and tightened them both, but it appears to still be leaking around the area, so the hard-line probably needs to be replaced. It looks to be aluminum, wrapped up in duct tape, bent 180 degrees, wondering if anybody has fixed this problem before...

Does anyone have the part number for this?
    Both the top and bottom lines are the same part, correct?

Thanks everyone, in advance! Stay safe during these times!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ross_line.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	485.4 KB 
ID:	12809

I would take the metal tubing (and insulation wrap) out and inspect. My guess is the flexible coolant line is leaking and just wicking under the insulation wrap. The hoses on these cars are getting old enough that we are starting to see some leaks. You'll need some plugs to place in coolant lines to keep coolant from getting on footwell (and some towels). You can find new thermal wrap at most autoparts stores. I doubt its the actual metal line, but if it is it's probably easier just to bend some new line than trying to get something that comes from Rossion.

Let us know what you find!

Speaking of leaks, if you haven't replaced the coolant lines to the turbos do it now. You'll be shocked how brittle they get.

Thank you. I will see if thermal wrap is the problem, then that would be an easy fix. Previously, I had a small coolant leak near the intercooler connection, and replaced those 2 black rubber hoses with silicon hoses. It was tough to get the hoses off of the connector/fitting. Any suggestions to make removal easier?

I can honestly say I've never seen three different clamps on one hose.

if you still need the hard line i have some in stock

It was just as esrandl suggested....a simple explanation, the heat wrap underneath the tubing was wicking. So, nothing wrong with hard line. I loosened each clamp and pulled out the heat wrap, there was like over 1cm inside, underneath the hose. Anyways, tightened the clamps after removing heat wrap, and everything is fine now. Wonder why Rossion did such a dumb thing?