Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Gauge issues, any suggestions/ideas?

So it was a fuel level sender that needed to be replaced, a job that costed me 400 bucks instead of the 4K I initially paid that Charlatan!!! I'm pissed off at myself with this situation because I totally trusted him and he screwed me over royally!!!!

Thank you everyone for the recommendations.

Time to get out there and enjoy the car a little bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Serafeim77 View Post
    So it was a fuel level sender that needed to be replaced, a job that costed me 400 bucks instead of the 4K I initially paid that Charlatan!!! I'm pissed off at myself with this situation because I totally trusted him and he screwed me over royally!!!!

Thank you everyone for the recommendations.

Time to get out there and enjoy the car a little bit!!
    Let us know who so we dont go down the same route. Message me if you are not comfortable posting.

As I said, I'm not a person that will put out there someone's name, we are all adults and we need to be more careful with the claims that everyone makes in here... That person knows who he is and he is very active in the forum, so if he wants to come forward and accept responsibility for what he did and the money he took from me, he can do so.

Sorry but I won't put a name out there.

I mean... you kinda already did say it.

One is in California and takes 2 years to do a clutch job.
    The other is Willy.

There's likely some misunderstanding and it's unfortunate you had a bad experience with [mystery guest name]. I don't know the details but hopefully you two can find some kind of agreement that works with both parties.

@ Driven Once you spend a significant amount of money to fix an issue that they are so confident they can fix, then you would be pissed off as well. The worst part is when you ask them to fix the "fixed" issue and you get a response: "you fix it or pay me to figure it out further" as if I didn't pay him enough in the first place, that is what made me furious.

As I said, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I live by one rule, never do something that you don't want others do to you, I would never charge anyone for something that I cannot deliver, and I will never put myself out there as an expert if I'm not 1000000000% knowledgable on a subject.

I didn't and I won't say a name, if you have an idea who he is then good for you. But in order for this to be fixed is that the person give back the money that took and didn't deliver...
    But you know, when money is involved then any dignity goes out the window.