Thread: NASA Roebling Road

Default NASA Roebling Road

Am trying to get another car sorted for the track but unfortunately having trans problems and trans being swapped currently. I had already paid for a NASA HPDE3 event, so I decided to take the Rossion instead.

I found someone who didn't mind playing around and we were probably the two fastest cars in DE3. Here's the lap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dROTkwbJk8I Lap time is 1:26:0 which is repectable. Had drizzle on and off so my best lap was actually the second session on Sat. Wipers on for the sessions on Sunday.. but still fun.

Name:  Cornering - Copy.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  145.2 KBName:  Side by side3 - Copy.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  293.0 KB

We ended up doing side by side drills in a later session, second pic is from that.

Nice job! when you exited for the front straight, I was a little worried for how close you were getting to the rumble strips.
    I ran Roebling years ago in a S2000 and the driver's meeting was basically "don't mess up the corner before the straight or you'll gonna hit the wall"

The photo of your Rossi next to the Mustang really gives you an impression of how small Nobles/Rossions are.

Interesting a Spec Iron car in the HPDE ranks... new car for the driver?

The mustang guy finished building his car and was getting it ready for Spec Iron using DE3/4 groups. There were a bunch of real track cars in our group. NASA allows this both for people sorting their cars and those actually competing at same event. You can "super size" a TT car to get extra sessions in DE3/4 so you can basically double your track time to practice. The other cars have to play by DE3/4rules (Saturday point by required but passing any where ok, Sunday unlimited passing anywhere).

I had a lot of fun Sunday morning, open passing in the rain

A lot of people use that as extra track and there was a reasonable amount of grip on the gators. I was more cautious on Sunday with the rain.