Thread: Finally got it back, more strange behavior

Default Finally got it back, more strange behavior

After 19 months I finally have my car back! I am pretty sure this car is cursed though. I am hoping one of you may have run into some of these issues that popped up that it did not have before the engine blew.

1- Reverse lights no longer work. Fuse is fine, even tried a new one. At first I thought it was the sensor needing to be adjusted or replaced but I noticed today that my hazards do not turn on either. I checked the pin on the switch, was fine there.\
    2- Windows only roll down if the driver side door is open, they will also roll down without the key in the car so it seems to think it is always on. I thought this could be a faulty door ajar switch but no luck there either.
    3- Brake lights only work when the car is started, I seem to remember they worked any time previous to getting it back.

Have any of you encountered any of this?

Thanks!

I haven’t had any of those issues with mine.
    reverse lights, I would get out my meter and start at the bulb fitting, working backward to find where then voltage wasn’t getting through.
    windows, sounds like a loose connector in the wiring between the body and the door - just a guess on my part though.
    brake lights. Check the sensor under the brake pedal, to see if something going on there.

good luck,
    jack

I jumped the wires by the reverse switch on the transmissions, seems the switch there is bad. Now to find the part number and get one ordered. If any of you know what it is or have one for sale please let me know!

I think it’s a Ford transmission, I’d take the old switch out and show it to the parts guy at the ford dealership to see if he can find a match.

This is some info on the switch source. I thought my post had a pic with the actual part number but apparently does not. I'll see if I can find it. The post;

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...hlight=reverse

So here's the part number for switch 3S7T 15520 and some pix as well. The install without pigtail harness is supposed to be filled with RTV for waterproofing but it doesn't work well. The harness should help waterproof leads, however I always take a leaf blower after washing car and specifically blow out the top of the trans.Name:  Old reverse switch.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  77.8 KBName:  New switch and connector.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  78.8 KB

Thank you!!!

Here is another discussion on where to get the switch.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...another+backup

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Here is another discussion on where to get the switch.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...another+backup
    Score!!
    Always good to search forum as you have shown

Someday someone needs to compile all this stuff in one place...