Thread: New to nobleforums - Need advice on an M12 GTO 3R

Default New to nobleforums - Need advice on an M12 GTO 3R

Hi, I am new to this Noble forums (Thanks for having me!) - I am hoping someone can help with a few questions I have regarding a Noble M12 GTO 3R I am looking to purchase.

First the car struggles to idle when cold and needs you to give it some gas for around 20 sec before it will idle on its own. Any thoughts there? ...

Second when driving and its warm it will randomly stall at a traffic light or stop sign etc, - but starts right up again and drives fine ...

Third at around 2000rpm when backing down from boost it will occasionally backfire/pop like some high performance cars do, but not sure if this is an issue or normal for a performance Noble that has some upgrades from the stock set-up?

Any help or advise would be appreciated. - Thanks!

The forums have been a lot quieter than when I joined 5 years ago. Not sure why. Anyway, my wild guess would be injectors that need cleaning. It doesn’t sound like an electrical problem to me, and if the car has been sitting (as some of these do), it could be gummed up injectors. Maybe somebody with more experience will chime in.
    and welcome to the forum, hope we get a new owner.
    jack

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it! ... I will look into your suggestions. - Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Aburnsmi1 View Post
    First the car struggles to idle when cold and needs you to give it some gas for around 20 sec before it will idle on its own. Any thoughts there? ...

When warmed up, does it idle at around 750-1000rpms? If so, then it could be the tune. If it struggled to idle even when warmed up would suggest an idle valve or tune.

Second when driving and its warm it will randomly stall at a traffic light or stop sign etc, - but starts right up again and drives fine ...
    Third at around 2000rpm when backing down from boost it will occasionally backfire/pop like some high performance cars do, but not sure if this is an issue or normal for a performance Noble that has some upgrades from the stock set-up?

Again, sounds like a possible tune issue.

If you can connect a laptop and check what the ECU is doing during these situations, that'll help identify the issue. Injectors needing cleaning is a solid possibility, but tune is also likely too -- especially if it has always done it.

Thanks for the advice. I will check this out also!

Your best bet is if you have a Rossion as I assume would be to reach out to Willy(independent in Ohio) as he is the Rossion guy. If not him then because the motors are so similar in most ways to the Noble, if you are East Coast I would suggest Troy Fralick @ Remade By Hand or if you are West Coast touch base with Hoover Chan @ Turbo Hoses. Your issues could be what you think or could be several other things but these guys can help you instantly.