Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolant lines

Here's a pic of front turbo heat shield. I think it may have been on car when I got it... but maybe I added it later. It is definitely from Rossion. I also added muffler heat shields and those I got from Rossion, see pic as well. The exhaust pipes are also wrapped with lava type wrap and I added a bunch of sound/heat insulation material on firewall. As near as I can tell I have zero issues with heat. As far as turbo blankets, my understanding is they help spool up turbo slightly quicker and improve power.. although this may be just in select situations such as getting on it hard while casual driving. I occasionally do track day events and my engine compartment seems cooler (to me..) than other cars.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

One thing to watch for - on the rear turbo, the coolant lines run above the rear exhaust manifold, then wrap around the frame rail and go down to the hard lines attached to the turbo. If youíre using rubber lines, heat cycling will make them brittle, and if there isnít enough slack where the lines wrap around the frame rail, engine movement will tear the hose near the attachment to the hard lines. You should check the hoses near the turbos on a regular basis (and definitely before a track day!). Check both the water lines for cracking or loose clamps, and be sure to peel the heat sleeve back on the oil lines to check for heat damage or leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    One thing to watch for - on the rear turbo, the coolant lines run above the rear exhaust manifold, then wrap around the frame rail and go down to the hard lines attached to the turbo. If you’re using rubber lines, heat cycling will make them brittle, and if there isn’t enough slack where the lines wrap around the frame rail, engine movement will tear the hose near the attachment to the hard lines. You should check the hoses near the turbos on a regular basis (and definitely before a track day!). Check both the water lines for cracking or loose clamps, and be sure to peel the heat sleeve back on the oil lines to check for heat damage or leaking.

I sent you a email last week. Not sure if you had received it. If not I will resend. The cars second owner had Turbohoses do a bunch of work. I have all the receipts from him on the work done. Very well documented car by the owners before me, which is why I purchased this one. Thank you for your time and help, and everyone else!