Thread: ac compressor replacement

Default ac compressor replacement

Does anyone know where I can get an ac compressor replacement for m12-3r? either original or one that will work?
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mshader View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get an ac compressor replacement for m12-3r? either original or one that will work?
    thank you.
    im looking at this exact thing, I heard that a 2002 Honda Accord compressor would work if you swap out the pulley.
    My shop is going to work on this in the next month, we are also going to assess some other tweaks to help improve the problems with the stock A/c in hot environments.
    Now thats its hot my A/c will cut out after 15 mins, which is pretty much what it is designed to do, but that could leave me dead on the side of the road so less than optimal!

In theory any compressor would work, just got to match up:
    - pulley for the belts (have someone CNC one or find aftermarket solution)
    - wire it up to the Noble HVAC (usually a single wire that engages the AC clutch)
    - adapt the inlet/outlet ports to the Noble's hoses or vice-versa

Quote Originally Posted by AVFC80 View Post
    im looking at this exact thing, I heard that a 2002 Honda Accord compressor would work if you swap out the pulley.
    My shop is going to work on this in the next month, we are also going to assess some other tweaks to help improve the problems with the stock A/c in hot environments.
    Now thats its hot my A/c will cut out after 15 mins, which is pretty much what it is designed to do, but that could leave me dead on the side of the road so less than optimal!

update: we are going to try a ford ranger Ac compressor, I will let you know how we get on

Doesn’t the compressor have any part numbers or markings on it?