Thread: does anyone know the bolt size for the turbos?

Default does anyone know the bolt size for the turbos?

completely lost the bolts to the rear turbo when out on the track last week. Couldn't find it in install manual what size and thread count. Will use a good (arp) bolt and maybe even wire them in.

thanks........

8mm, I think (close to 5/16).
    I have just been discussing the turbo "nut" problem with a local mechanic, and he may have a solution that uses brass exhaust manifold locking nuts found on other cars. I also contacted Roush in the UK and they use a custom nut that they sell over the counter for about $10 each . (But guaranteed to work, though.)
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Quote Originally Posted by flynoble
    completely lost the bolts to the rear turbo when out on the track last week. Couldn't find it in install manual what size and thread count. Will use a good (arp) bolt and maybe even wire them in.

thanks........
    Once you determine the thread of the 8mm nut (probably 1.25), have the nuts drilled for safety wire, and wire those things once they are installed.

You might also check with TD Industries for a set of "Stage 8" fasteners that might fit. These use a locking tab that is attached with a "C" clip. These are usually bolts, and I understand that a bolt may not be possible to install.

Stainless safety wire is probably your best bet, or those trick nuts from Roush. However, regardless of which are installed, they have to have their proper washers, and be properly torqued.