Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Registration Info

Congrats on the purchase!
    Taxes definitely get paid by you to the DMV. I think in the case of a used car they will be based on the sale price (proof of purchase from dealer/former owner). Having a previous title will help with the process, but I am not sure what details will be needed in addition. I'm not sure how the mileage on the car figures in. The Pleasanton DMV was pretty helpful to me when I registered my (new) Noble there some years ago, so hopefully they can guide you through it.

PS: I know it is late notice, but Hoover is having a big open house at his Turbohoses shop in Livermore tomorrow from 10 AM to 12 N, and there will be lots of Nobles and Lotus cars there to check out if you are in the area.
    The Turbohoses address is: 5948 Las Positas Rd., Livermore, 94550, and that should be 80-90 miles from Petaluma.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

My car had 2000 miles when I bought it.

If you attend the open house, don't bring your wallet. That place is a cash vacuum cleaner.
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

Follow up on Hoover's Open House:
    It was a great day, and quite a variety of cars showed up.
    (FYI--That's my '67 yellow/green Elan in the foreground )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Cool, good to learn after it happened #notinvited

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Taxes definitely get paid by you to the DMV. I think in the case of a used car they will be based on the sale price (proof of purchase from dealer/former owner). Having a previous title will help with the process, but I am not sure what details will be needed in addition. I'm not sure how the mileage on the car figures in. The Pleasanton DMV was pretty helpful to me when I registered my (new) Noble there some years ago, so hopefully they can guide you through it.

PS: I know it is late notice, but Hoover is having a big open house at his Turbohoses shop in Livermore tomorrow from 10 AM to 12 N, and there will be lots of Nobles and Lotus cars there to check out if you are in the area.
    The Turbohoses address is: 5948 Las Positas Rd., Livermore, 94550, and that should be 80-90 miles from Petaluma.

I ended up purchasing a Noble GTO 3R (NUS0090) that was already Titled and Registered in California. No headaches. I liked the Rossion a lot but was concerned with registration issues/headaches.

I missed the event since i just read the posts.

Looking forward to meeting all of you eventually.

Chris

Update on my life - I live in New Mexico now. The car was previously registered up in Washington state but looks like I’ll need to jump through some hoops to have it registered here as a “custom vehicle” unless I register it as a normal car. The problem with registering it as a normal car is I would have to go through emissions inspections and I’m unsure if the testing facilities here will let me do a sniff test since our cars are technically supposed to be OBD2. Government agencies in NM are notorious for let’s just say a lack of critical thinking.

Will update as I go through this process. If unsuccessful I guess this will be a track only car