Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Registration Info

Call these people with your concerns. They will be able to help. https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com
    Last edited by cooch8c; 04-22-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo986 View Post
    Hello EspritNOOB, just curious what happened after the CHP visit? Did you get passed BAR and get your M400 registered? I ask because I am through all of the steps. Everything went smooth as silk until BAR. It felt just fine up until the nice man said it will take 4 to 6 weeks before his boss can get back to me with his decision and then they will notify me to return to his office to get the stickers and then go to DMV to complete registration. Unfortunately January 28th was BAR and 6 weeks later I called because I had not heard from them and it was a BAD Day!! The BAR manager I spoke with told me that my car was a "Small Volume Manufactured Automobile" thus not eligible for registration in California. I have yet to get a straight answer as to why this is. I have been told it is because it was registered in Montana. I have also been told that it was because it was owned under a LLC and titled in the guys Holdings instead of his name. Fact of it is, it was a rich guy who bought a toy to race and for track days so he did some funny stuff with his paperwork but it doesn't change the definition of a kit car. Anyway, I really could use some real help if anyone has any pull or legal knowledge. At the moment I do not have a rejection in writing and I do have almost 6k in fees sitting in the DMV's hands. I would most prefer to register my car legally and not do something shady or otherwise too questionable.

Thanks,
    Jimbo
    Hi Jimbo,

It was a pleasure speaking with you last Friday. Hope the information I sent you helped. I couldn't have done it without the help of the kind folks here. Notorious was a huge help!