Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Registration Info

Guys, just got back from my local CHP and he won't sign me off. Says the car is not a specialty constructed vehicle. Then again he also said he had never heard of this vehicle. I am desperate, does anyone have any suggestions as to which CHP I can bring my vehicle to and get this signed off?

Thanks in advance. Love the car but can't keep it if I can't register it.

Have you talked to Hoover? Hes in CA and Im sure has registered a handful of cars out there....Give him a call, get his advice. Couldnt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwden View Post
    Have you talked to Hoover? Hes in CA and Im sure has registered a handful of cars out there....Give him a call, get his advice. Couldnt hurt.
    Thanks,noIhavenottalkedtoHooverbutheisinNorcalsowo uldn'tknowifheknowsofanylocalplacesinsocalbutwillt rynonetheless.

Sorry not sure why my post came out as one giant word.

No I have not talked to Hoover about it as he is in Norcal so not sure if he knows any places around Socal but did go back and read Notorious' registration ordeal. Will give it a go. His post said he went to the El Monte DMV and the BAR at LA Pierce College but nothing on what CHP office he went to. Took a stab in the dark and made an appointment with the Monterey Park Office since it is near El Monte and see what happens. Will update in a few weeks after my appointment.

Thanks!

Just one more reason I am thankful I am not in California - Colorado is bad enough on stuff like this. Good luck with your registration!
    --Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by EspritNOOB View Post
    Sorry not sure why my post came out as one giant word.

No I have not talked to Hoover about it as he is in Norcal so not sure if he knows any places around Socal but did go back and read Notorious' registration ordeal. Will give it a go. His post said he went to the El Monte DMV and the BAR at LA Pierce College but nothing on what CHP office he went to. Took a stab in the dark and made an appointment with the Monterey Park Office since it is near El Monte and see what happens. Will update in a few weeks after my appointment.

Thanks!
    Hey buddy, got your PM but figured this info might help everyone in the general thread who needs it.

I made sure my paperwork from the DMV said SPCNS on the make so that the CHP will know it was properly registered as a SB100 vehicle. If it says NOBLE, go back to the DMV and have it changed ASAP. You do not want that blackball on your registration to go with your VIN.

I went to the Monterey Park office as well and talked to Officer Gutierrez. He was pretty good. When he came out of his office, he already had a stack of research on the Noble, including some EBay ads for a Noble that was for sale in Ontario at the time. He showed me his research and he then proceeded to do his inspection without any fuss. If you get him, remind him that he did a red one in 2012 and that might help if there are any hiccups.

As for the BAR, do not go anywhere else other than Pierce. That guy at Pierce College has done several Nobles and Rossions so he knows the drill. The guy at Rio Hondo wanted to Dyno and exhaust test my car, which would have failed it and blackballed me. Do not go to Rio Hondo or anywhere else that wants to do more than just visually inspect the car.

When you get it all done, or even before, let's hang out. It'll be good to see another Noble in SGV. I'll even try to convince WHW7 to come out. He's got the sleek silver titanium M12. It's Jame Bond 007 level clean.
    Nothing clever to see here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious 86 View Post
    Hey buddy, got your PM but figured this info might help everyone in the general thread who needs it.

I made sure my paperwork from the DMV said SPCNS on the make so that the CHP will know it was properly registered as a SB100 vehicle. If it says NOBLE, go back to the DMV and have it changed ASAP. You do not want that blackball on your registration to go with your VIN.

I went to the Monterey Park office as well and talked to Officer Gutierrez. He was pretty good. When he came out of his office, he already had a stack of research on the Noble, including some EBay ads for a Noble that was for sale in Ontario at the time. He showed me his research and he then proceeded to do his inspection without any fuss. If you get him, remind him that he did a red one in 2012 and that might help if there are any hiccups.

As for the BAR, do not go anywhere else other than Pierce. That guy at Pierce College has done several Nobles and Rossions so he knows the drill. The guy at Rio Hondo wanted to Dyno and exhaust test my car, which would have failed it and blackballed me. Do not go to Rio Hondo or anywhere else that wants to do more than just visually inspect the car.

When you get it all done, or even before, let's hang out. It'll be good to see another Noble in SGV. I'll even try to convince WHW7 to come out. He's got the sleek silver titanium M12. It's Jame Bond 007 level clean.
    Yes! Would love to meet up and visit a bit. Lunch somewhere? 7147135094

the key with CA is don't deviate and triple check everything and make sure everything is right with every single letter. Even if you get it this time and something is wrong it'll bite you later.

If everything is follow expecting it will be very inconvenient at the end it will definitely work.

Good luck.

Got CHP to sign me off today. Big thanks to Notorious for the help!

Next step to make an appointment with BAR.