Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 266

Thread: Registration Info

  1. #161

    Default Finished!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secz View Post
    The DMV gods granted one of my requests - the title arrived today. Now all I need is a license plate.
    The plates arrived today, 4 months after all the paperwork was submitted to Sacramento. I'm amazed that I never got pulled over because my of temp tag expiring at the end of September.

    I guess it's cuz the car blends into its surroundings like a chameleon.

    Jeff

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Congrats on being done Jeff!
    -Kevin

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Just before the holidays I got my SB-100 number (491 IIRC). Now need to go to the CHP for inspection and VIN. Have people found that it makes much difference which CHP you go to?

    - Andrew

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Congrats! I guess they didn't run out of SB numbers this year. Good news for everyone.

    Not sure about CHP. After wasting lots of time dealing with various clueless DMVs and an unsure smog guy, I decided I was going only where people on this forum had been to and recommended (ie - pleasanton dmv, dublin CHP, and livermore bar/smog). It's worth the extra drive out there to be done with it.


    CHP in dublin took 5 minutes, was free, and the officer was a very cool guy. He normally stamps/rivets a plate into the frame next to our NUS #, but my chassis had it imprinted into the frame, so he said it didn't need to be done. I think on Jeff's, the NUS # wasn't imprinted on the frame so he riveted it in.
    -Kevin

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    Congrats! I guess they didn't run out of SB numbers this year. Good news for everyone.

    Not sure about CHP. After wasting lots of time dealing with various clueless DMVs and an unsure smog guy, I decided I was going only where people on this forum had been to and recommended (ie - pleasanton dmv, dublin CHP, and livermore bar/smog). It's worth the extra drive out there to be done with it.


    CHP in dublin took 5 minutes, was free, and the officer was a very cool guy. He normally stamps/rivets a plate into the frame next to our NUS #, but my chassis had it imprinted into the frame, so he said it didn't need to be done. I think on Jeff's, the NUS # wasn't imprinted on the frame so he riveted it in.
    Thanks Kevin. My appointment is for Feb 3rd, my temp registration expires Jan 31st. I was hoping to speed things up by going elsewhere but maybe I should just stick to the tried and true route and see about getting an extension from the DMV.

    a.
    Last edited by Tills; 01-13-2011 at 07:27 PM.

  6. #166

    Default

    I agree with Kevin, don't risk a possibly painful hassle. The 3 places he listed have worked well for several people here.

    Jeff

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9secz View Post
    I agree with Kevin, don't risk a possibly painful hassle. The 3 places he listed have worked well for several people here.

    Jeff
    Point taken. I'll go to the Dublin CHP. Can I make a smog appointment now for a date after the CHP or do I need the VIN or something?

    Cheers!

    - Andrew

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,236
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Don't know if it will make a difference, but AFAIK all the previous successes re CHP inspection have been for Nobles--hopefully, a Rossion won't be treated too differently.
    And, yes, you can make a smog appointment at a referee w/o having a VIN #.
    Joel

    '67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

  9. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Don't know if it will make a difference, but AFAIK all the previous successes re CHP inspection have been for Nobles--hopefully, a Rossion won't be treated too differently.
    And, yes, you can make a smog appointment at a referee w/o having a VIN #.
    FWIW, I was told just the opposite by the referee at Las Positas Community College. They wouldn't schedule me until I had the CHP paperwork.

    I'm convinced the "correct procedure" is whatever is in the mind of the particular person you are talking with.

    Jeff

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    9

    Default



    Well, no harm in trying then. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they will book me in.

    Joel, Jeff, thanks again for all the help.

    - Andrew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •