Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 2 bar or 3 bar MAP sensor on the 400 chip M12

  1. #1

    Default 2 bar or 3 bar MAP sensor on the 400 chip M12

    I switched my MAP sensor and the car is bogging under full throttle.
    Regards,
    Mike
    2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R (400hp)
    2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited Pewter
    Photos: http://www.photosand.com
    Dogs: http://www.photosand.com/bernandfriends/


  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFastM3 View Post
    I switched my MAP sensor and the car is bogging under full throttle.
    Why? I mean, why did you switch your MAP sensor?

  3. #3

    Default

    It was not working correctly. the car was idling terribly and we disconnected the hose on the MAP sensor and it ran fine. We then took a MAP sensor from another M12 and put it on mine and it continued to idle well.

    I'm running 1.2 Bar so I am pretty sure I needed a 3 bar but I am running a 2 bar at the moment. I have no power once the turbos kick in and that is the only change we made.
    Regards,
    Mike
    2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R (400hp)
    2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited Pewter
    Photos: http://www.photosand.com
    Dogs: http://www.photosand.com/bernandfriends/


  4. #4

    Default

    How are you getting to 1.2 bar? your ecu is probably thinking youre supposed to get 1.0 or less, and when it goes over, its dumping fuel and pulling timing. i would not change the MAP sensor..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I would stick with the same sensor that it came with stock. With a 3 bar, you'll have to reclibrate everything.
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    How are you getting to 1.2 bar? your ecu is probably thinking youre supposed to get 1.0 or less, and when it goes over, its dumping fuel and pulling timing. i would not change the MAP sensor..
    No idea why it does. I thought the Hypo Map put's it there.

    Quote Originally Posted by rollhard View Post
    I would stick with the same sensor that it came with stock. With a 3 bar, you'll have to reclibrate everything.
    Good to know. So stock is a 2 bar?
    Regards,
    Mike
    2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R (400hp)
    2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited Pewter
    Photos: http://www.photosand.com
    Dogs: http://www.photosand.com/bernandfriends/


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Are you sure your boost guage wasn't just bouncing the needle so it looked like 1.2 bar? That's what mine does but it actually settles at 1.0 bar (which is what the hypo/400 map for the 3R is supposed to be set at).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    The MAP seonsor on mine didn't change with the Hypo ECU. Just the ECU and fuel pump.
    Dino

    Sarthe Grey Rossion Q1 (Sold to a good home in Colorado)
    Wolf GB08 LMP3/CN Sports Prototype www.motorsports-sw.com www.wolfracingcars.com
    Red 2006 A4 (slow but good gas mileage)
    2012 Audi Q7 TDI (Awesome Highway & Tow Vehicle w/Torque and High MPG)

  9. #9

    Default

    Hmmm... I may have a seperate problem then.

    Spoke with 1G and I have the wrong part.
    Last edited by OneFastM3; 02-02-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    Regards,
    Mike
    2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R (400hp)
    2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited Pewter
    Photos: http://www.photosand.com
    Dogs: http://www.photosand.com/bernandfriends/


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caccobra View Post
    Are you sure your boost guage wasn't just bouncing the needle so it looked like 1.2 bar? That's what mine does but it actually settles at 1.0 bar (which is what the hypo/400 map for the 3R is supposed to be set at).
    Could be but the MAP sensor that was on my car was part number 12223861 which is a 3 Bar MAP sensor. I'm waiting for 1g to callme back so I can order the part. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Regards,
    Mike
    2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R (400hp)
    2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited Pewter
    Photos: http://www.photosand.com
    Dogs: http://www.photosand.com/bernandfriends/


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •