Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a 3.0 engine

Cool I need a 3.0 engine

Greetings people:

Any of you got an extra 3.0 laying around? I have a project planed out and the 3.0 might fill that void!

Ok, looking around in the forum found part of what I was looking for, the internal parts Noble uses:

We use a custom forged aluminum piston from Wiseco which results in a compression ratio of about 8.5:1

Part numbers, measurements, specifications anyone?

The rods are Scat's 4340 forged H-beam with ARP 2000 bolts. (These are not the Q-Lite version)

Part numbers, measurements, specifications anyone?

Any information greatly appreciated!!

You should private message Brav.
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Hello - I may have something for you. I have a spare engine, but 2 pistons must be replaced.
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Thats great news. I plan to rebuild it anyway.

If you happen to know the part numbers of the key parts (pistons and rods) it would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by xcapepr View Post
    Thats great news. I plan to rebuild it anyway.

If you happen to know the part numbers of the key parts (pistons and rods) it would be greatly appreciated!
    I wil get that info to you!
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Well, no information yet, Anyway,Since my 3.0 in pieces and I took some pics, well here they are! Let me know of mayor internal differences you can point out.

When it was all ok and working properly:

Last edited by xcapepr; 05-22-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Scat and Weisco are easily reached. You can simply ask them what parts they supply to AER, or you can simply tell them what you need, and they will give you the appropriate part numbers.

Scat has been around for decades, and they are located in Torrance, CA, I think. Check their website.

Weisco is also a long standing manufacturer of forged pistons for the hot rod industry. They also have a site.

In addition, you can order the parts through AER, if not an entire long block assembly. I believe that the long block is under $5K. That might be less than you can blueprint and assemble one for.

I tried contacting AER and they just want to sell me the complete engine even though I cant use the engine in full Noble spec. It would be nice to build it up bur its still a front drive, automatic SUV so maybe its not even worth it.

Scat said they have no rods available for my application and Wiseco makes a whole lot of different pistons. Still a part number would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by xcapepr View Post
    I tried contacting AER and they just want to sell me the complete engine even though I cant use the engine in full Noble spec. It would be nice to build it up bur its still a front drive, automatic SUV so maybe its not even worth it.

Scat said they have no rods available for my application and Wiseco makes a whole lot of different pistons. Still a part number would be nice.
    Talk to Weisco about which pistons you need. Give them compression ratio and they should have something for you.

As for being worth it, it depends on your budget. I bet that it is still cheaper to buy the entire engine from AER if you want a turbo unit.

Otherwise, it is an automatic SUV...Between the gearbox and the ECU, building a turbo engine...The $5K for the long block would be the least of your expenses.

Other than the long block, there are no parts in common between the Noble and the Escape.