Thread: Hooverized and Eloyed

Default Hooverized and Eloyed

Finally got the fuel pump and relay installed as well as the new intercooler (Thanks Eloy) as well as the remap from Hoover. What an improvement! Car accelerates smoother and pulls hard all the way through 7K RPM vs falling off prior to the remap. Also, the boost is rock stable and no more predetonation. When I pulled the plugs, I expected them to be fouled as the car seemed to be running rich but they were white suggesting that the car was running lean. I suspect that they were running rich at low RPM and lean at high RPM. Also, no more high RPM miss. Just waiting for the new exhaust.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jorligan View Post
    Finally got the fuel pump and relay installed as well as the new intercooler (Thanks Eloy) as well as the remap from Hoover. What an improvement! Car accelerates smoother and pulls hard all the way through 7K RPM vs falling off prior to the remap. Also, the boost is rock stable and no more predetonation. When I pulled the plugs, I expected them to be fouled as the car seemed to be running rich but they were white suggesting that the car was running lean. I suspect that they were running rich at low RPM and lean at high RPM. Also, no more high RPM miss. Just waiting for the new exhaust.

Tim
    Ah, another convert. Quite a difference, huh, Tim? My exhaust will be here in a couple of days. I guess our cars will still be the Michigan twins.

When's the next exotic "gathering"?

Craig

My ECU and exhaust will be done tomorrow! Cant wait.
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Default Gathering

Next gathering will be for Bay Harbor Concours. Some are planning on driving up together and eventually, a drive from Petoskey north towards Cross Village, one of the best drives around. Last time I did this drive, I was in the Noble and some street bikes were in front of me, they were shocked to see a car actually keeping up with them through the twisties .

Almost twins, I am planning on getting the full hard pipes from Hoover to clean up the engine compartment. You also have those wheels, you know, those shiny things that just scream BLING BLING, just jealous. I just get these things for the wife so I can have an excuse to spend more money on the NSX.

Tim

Hey guys,

I have the new fuel pump installed and cleaned the fuel filter as well. Not a tough job when you purchase the correct tools for the fittings. The new map is installed and waiting for exhaust to arrive on Friday. From what I have heard it should be something else to dive. I also have larger intercooler with upgarded wiring kit. Hoover has asked me later to send my ecu back to be remapped for 93 octane. One of the very few benifits of living in new england. We had 94 a couple of years ago!

Can not wait!!!!

Mike
    M12 #0071

It sure is great to know that more and more Noble owners are going to be enjoying their cars with all the power and performance they were meant to have.

Those of us that are able to get 93 octane at the pump will soon be able to thank Mike Muenter for going the extra mile for us and sending his car with a full tank of 93 to Hoover to tune there on his dyno. Thanks, Mike!! You are the man.

Sounds great, and hopefully that will work for some regional tuning. But, FYI, the last time I shipped a car a few years ago the transporter wanted the gas tank close to empty for safety reasons.
    It is possible to do some blending, though, using the calculator on this site:
    http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.co...alculator.html
    to "dial in" just want you need/want for octane .
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Default Mystery post

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    But, FYI, the last time I shipped a car a few years ago the transporter wanted the gas tank close to empty for safety reasons.
    I.
    At least they didn't put sand in your crankcase oil.

Hint: See my first ever post.