Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M600 Hp

Talking M600 Hp

Here are some shots from Al Pettee's chasis 146 turbo upgrade project we've completed recently. The car has recieved our larger turbo and fueling group, custom tuning, full T304 stainless twin exhaust, custom clutch, wire harness relocate, tunnel ducting, front mounted oil cooling, and more. On a mild 100 octane program we've gotten 573WHP and 531 WTQ @ 1.35 bars of boost. The standard 93 octane file has netted 560 WHP @ 1.29 bars of boost! VERY sick to drive on the street!! Anyone in Al's neck of the woods should look him up for a ride in this very exclusive Noble. Seth

Very nice, congrats!
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Great dyno plot Seth, and very professional work on the car this spring I might add.

I'll put the AO48 295's on the rear wheels once Fedex brings the car up.

And if anyone is anywhere near upstate New York this summer, PM me for a test drive. My schedule should free me up after mid-August to get away for some drives, as well.

Al
    2006 Noble M400 NUS0146-Greg Robb assembly; Hooverization in progress.
    2007 Audi RS4-MTM 540PS Opcon/Lysholm twin-screw supercharger/Laminova intercooler/exhaust/clutch/LWFW, Stasis Ohlins, Hotchkis sways-"The Cherry Bomb."
    2005 Porsche 911 (996) TurboSCab-Protosport "GT2RSCabriolet," RWD conversion,4.0L, Tial A3076's, 800+HP on 93 octane.
    1997 Porsche 911 (993) Turbo-Protosport 3.8L, twin plug, GT3076R's, 700+HP.

4. Default

What clutch did you use?
    --
    Richard

Nice work, Seth. Monster car, Al. I'm curious to see how long the transmission/LSD holds up to that kind of power. That has always seemed to be the weak point beyond 450rwhp. Was anything done to the clutch, trans or trans cooling, etc.?

BTW, Al, I'll be in the central CT shoreline by the end of the summer. Not too far away.

very impressive bit of work there !!!

can i ask - has it got standard valve springs fitted
    what turbo's are on it ?

Nice work Seth. Can't wait to see your red machine at VIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgeroonie View Post
    very impressive bit of work there !!!

can i ask - has it got standard valve springs fitted
    what turbo's are on it ?
    Thanks- It has GT28RS Turbines and our custom Beehive race valve springs and titanium retainers.

Quote Originally Posted by caccobra View Post
    Nice work, Seth. Monster car, Al. I'm curious to see how long the transmission/LSD holds up to that kind of power. That has always seemed to be the weak point beyond 450rwhp. Was anything done to the clutch, trans or trans cooling, etc.?

BTW, Al, I'll be in the central CT shoreline by the end of the summer. Not too far away.
    While i agree that some transmissions have gone south in the Noble community in general, besides the cars that Troy and i have done which is a small but significant number, i haven't heard of anyone making more than 450 WHP besides us so there's really no data to support 450WHP or more being the demarcation line. In fact none of the big HP cars we have done together or separately have lost a tranny yet (knock on wood). Greg Robb previously did a tranny cooler and we installed redline gear lube in it when the powertrain was reinstalled. The clutch i had custom built with a heavier pressure plate and 9 puck ceramic pads on the PP side, kevlar on the flywheel side.The flywheel is LW aluminum unit.
    When the engine was out i installed my custom beehive race valve springs and titanium retainers. Has our underdrive crank shaft pulley as well. Turbos are GT28RS units.

More pics-