Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data Logger Recommendations

Default Data Logger Recommendations

I want to get a data logger such as the traqmate to improve my driving skills. Do you guys have any recommendations?

It would also be cool to be able to compare my times with the other Noble Drivers and learn were I have the most potential to improve. I was happily surprised to find that Derek has already posted some traqmate captues for VIR. I downloaded the demo and played the files - awesome the way you can compare the cars. http://www.traqmate.com/share_download.php

I'd like to purchase and install the data logger in time for the get together at VIR.
    Last edited by cutaway; 06-13-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: adding link

I have the RacePak G2X and I am very happy with it.

http://www.g2xtreme.com/main.htm
    Rich

'05 Noble M400 #063 Indigo Blue
    '68 Dodge Charger R/T (owned since new)
    '65 Shelby Cobra Recreation (Kirkham)
    '74 Pantera

http://richsd.smugmug.com/Cars

Traqmate has been fine. It's best when you have a benchmark for comparison sake and also to make comps on different setup changes.

Those VIR files are from my 3rd track day ever and one of them is with James Clay driving, the World Challenge driver.

Unfortunately in four track days we have not been able to get good data from Traqmate at Road Atlanta.
    we will try again in July

It's too bad Harley that you don't live closer to the Traqmate folks to get better attention

Quote Originally Posted by DerekFSU View Post
    Those VIR files are from my 3rd track day ever and one of them is with James Clay driving, the World Challenge driver.
    I was about to ask who the hell James was. I noticed he was faster, then when I looked at the gas/brake/coast chart I was floored. He just flys to the corners and slams on the brakes. He isn't the mystery guest you suggested might show up is he?

Thanks for posting those data graphs. It's good to have someone in the same car with different skill levels to compare. I have one track day under my belt so your graph will be more realistic to work towards. His would just discourage me for now. How was your car configured when you captured these?

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    Unfortunately in four track days we have not been able to get good data from Traqmate at Road Atlanta.
    we will try again in July
    Is this common with traqmates?

Quote Originally Posted by richsd View Post
    I have the RacePak G2X and I am very happy with it.

http://www.g2xtreme.com/main.htm
    Rich this is the other one I am considering. What features do you get the most use out of? Any features you wish it had? Is it easy to find other drivers plots of common tracks?

I have had zero issues with the traqmate. bolt it in, turn it on and that's all it takes.
    Dino

Sarthe Grey Rossion Q1 (Sold to a good home in Colorado)
    Wolf GB08 LMP3/CN Sports Prototype www.motorsports-sw.com www.wolfracingcars.com
    Red 2006 A4 (slow but good gas mileage)
    2012 Audi Q7 TDI (Awesome Highway & Tow Vehicle w/Torque and High MPG)

Quote Originally Posted by cutaway View Post
    Rich this is the other one I am considering. What features do you get the most use out of? Any features you wish it had? Is it easy to find other drivers plots of common tracks?
    I really like the way that this unit automatically sets up the track map with turns and segments. I use the segment time comparisons a lot, especially when comparing two different drivers or when focusing on a particular aspect of the track. I like it because it is very easy to focus in and do analysis on a segment of the track, compare it to other laps, and understand measures like entry spped, exit speed, top speed (or speed at any point on the track), Gs, and many other details. I don't really have any other feature requests. I have not had a need to get track mals from others as I have created my own pretty easily. I do know that the maps are out there but I have just used mine.
    Rich

'05 Noble M400 #063 Indigo Blue
    '68 Dodge Charger R/T (owned since new)
    '65 Shelby Cobra Recreation (Kirkham)
    '74 Pantera

http://richsd.smugmug.com/Cars