Thread: Air Compressor

Default Air Compressor

Does anyone know what make the A/C compressor is on the Noble?
    I need to replace the short low pressure pipe that runs from the compressor to the A/C hose, I think it's called the "FootPad Assy." in the Noble install manual.
    With delays getting parts here in the UK it maybe quicker to source them direct if I can find out who makes them.

Alex.

I think if you need to replace a foot pad with the integrated metal line you'll need to buy one thru the factory/dealer channels.
    Unless you want to pull off the broken footpad and have a machinist make you a similar one.
    The way the bolt holes / fluid holes / sealing/ and hose ends are alingned make me think it's a custom piece, maybe made at High Tech.
    A factory foot pad made by the compressor manufacturer likely wouldn't point in the right direction to keep the hose routing the same, and they may use a combined style manifold too.
    My guess anyhow.

Did yours break or is it leaking ?

Thanks MostlyMopar,

There was a leak around the unions, probably due to hardened O rings. Looks like the union on the larger footpad was cross threaded, as its half stripped.

uugghh, not much you can do with a stripped threading.
    --tap and or die, but thats easier done on a bolt or hole as opposed to the type of fittings you're working on. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    Thanks MostlyMopar,

There was a leak around the unions, probably due to hardened O rings. Looks like the union on the larger footpad was cross threaded, as its half stripped.
    You should be able to find a place that can cut off the pipe, fabricate a matching replacement, and weld it on. The union is probably a sleeve that slides onto the pipe, and then the pipe is flared. A good A/C shop or a place that specializes in custom hoses should be able to take care of this job...