Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horn------------ie

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I was surprised, too, to find that the ground wasn't switched. Then I remembered it was a British car.... 'Nuff said!

BTW, the schematics are in Chapter 8 of the installation manual, so you probably do have them...
    Interesting.

Yeah, I just didn't have it with me at the time.

Thanks again, Jim.

After checking under the bonnet I have found one of the lock down latches on the front drivers side pushed through.It is the female latch on the outside front drivers side. I guess I will need to get another plastic piece that holds the lock down hardware from 1 g , the plastic piece is messed up. Is replacing it the best way to fix the problem? This might have caused my original issue but I doubt it.

former owner

Quote Originally Posted by kwkslvr View Post
    After checking under the bonnet I have found one of the lock down latches on the front drivers side pushed through.It is the female latch on the outside front drivers side. I guess I will need to get another plastic piece that holds the lock down hardware from 1 g , the plastic piece is messed up. Is replacing it the best way to fix the problem? This might have caused my original issue but I doubt it.
    Are you speaking of the rear clam lockdown on the driver's side? The inboard lockdown is where the alarm system micrswitch is located for the rear clam and, if faulty and the switch is not fully closed, this could trigger the alarm system. Can you take a picture of the area you are referring to? The switch has a black button-like thing sticking up next to the inboard lockdown. It should move freely with spring action when pushed down and it needs to be adjusted properly to be in the closed position when the rear clam is locked down.
    Last edited by caccobra; 07-30-2007 at 06:23 AM.

My issue is with the front clam.Driver side outside lock.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caccobra View Post
    Are you speaking of the rear clam lockdown on the driver's side? The inboard lockdown is where the alarm system micrswitch is located for the rear clam and, if faulty and the switch is not fully closed, this could trigger the alarm system. Can you take a picture of the area you are referring to? The switch has a black button-like thing sticking up next to the inboard lockdown. It should move freely with spring action when pushed down and it needs to be adjusted properly to be in the closed position when the rear clam is locked down.

former owner

My issue is with the front clam.Driver side outside lock.
    thanks
    Ah. You are right then. That is not what is causing the horn problem. There is no alarm switch on the front clam. I'd still check the function of the switch on the rear clam, if you think it may have been the alarm that triggered the horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I was surprised, too, to find that the ground wasn't switched. Then I remembered it was a British car.... 'Nuff said!

BTW, the schematics are in Chapter 8 of the installation manual, so you probably do have them...
    Not only British--but also plastic . And grounds (earths) are notoriously hard to manage when you don't have a steel body--ask any Lotus owner!
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Sure sounds like you got all the bases covered--now you have to go back to that church and try for a less dramatic exit this time .
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

I wonder if it was a sign
    If you're gonna go, I say go in a Noble...by the way, do we get cars in heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by Zezinho View Post
    If you're gonna go, I say go in a Noble...by the way, do we get cars in heaven?
    Of course.

If there were no cars, it would be hell.

If pulling on the steering wheel had an effect, maybe the one that 1g gave you is defective. Perhaps it's time to change the steering wheel to something that looks better so you can get rid of the cheap looking plastic one with the goofy horn buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images