Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My M400 Remap Results

Default My M400 Remap Results

I had a great time meeting everyone at the Noble gathering. Super thanks go out to Derek for organizing/sponsoring the event. We got VIP treatment all weekend. I'll post more about that later.

I was able to schedule a few minutes with Troy, his laptop and the Whitis-sponsored dyno. After a baseline pull, Troy spent 2-3 minutes working his ECU magic. The second pull showed a "significant" improvement in both horsepower and torque.

The car has a stock M400 drivetrain, plus larger intercooler option and HKS SS BOV all installed by Brian @ Torik Motorsports.

Run conditions as measured by the dyno: Both pulls were at 96 degrees F, 32% humidity, SAE correction factor 1.03.

The pulls were only four minutes apart. We decided to quit after the second pull. I took the car out for a quick drive. It spun tires to redline in third gear with the A/C on.

Impressions:

As you can see in the graph, the difference is most felt when boost hits at 4000 rpm. It is a surge of power that continues to redline. Shifting at redline keeps you in the power band. I drove 230 miles home with the remap this afternoon. I'm very happy with my "Troy Tuned" ecu. Hopefully the transmission will hold together. Thanks again Troy/Derek!

If I were you I would have given him some more time

That is pretty impressive.

amazing results. I guess I will have to drive to Tallahassee.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg944t View Post
    If I were you I would have given him some more time

That is pretty impressive.
    +1. Given some more time, he should be able to refine things a little further so that your boost comes in sooner and is more linear instead of jumping at 4,000 rpm like that. You should also consider changing out the stock exhaust to a true dual exhaust to get rid of that loss of power above 6,000 rpm. I know I no longer have to wait until 4,000 rpm to feel the boost, like I did with the OEM map. It comes in at 2,500 and is steady troughout the powerband with no drop off.

Yes, Troy was prepping cars, managing the Whitis crew and working with the other Noble owners at the track. It was non-stop motion and there was not much time available. I'm going to invest in some new injectors, a bigger fuel pump+wiring, an exhaust, and ask him to spend more time with it. There just isn't much point perfecting a new map and/or searching for more power until I get those parts installed. For a single try, it was quite encouraging
    Last edited by Travoli; 07-30-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travoli View Post
    . For a single try, it was quite encouraging
    I think that must rate as the understatement of the year. 4 minutes work and the car is transformed. Brilliant result. I just wish we had Troy and Hoover and their like available via a link across our pond. I understand Trevor from Rousch once "dialled in" to a dyno and did a re-map reputedly over the wires so we need a bit of reciprocation.
    Regards
    Paul C

Craig,

I suspect your power comes on sooner because of the smaller turbos.

Travoli, How much boost are you running?

Dean
    Dino

Sarthe Grey Rossion Q1 (Sold to a good home in Colorado)
    Wolf GB08 LMP3/CN Sports Prototype www.motorsports-sw.com www.wolfracingcars.com
    Red 2006 A4 (slow but good gas mileage)
    2012 Audi Q7 TDI (Awesome Highway & Tow Vehicle w/Torque and High MPG)

The technology definitely exists to remote tune these cars.
    laptop+serial cable+internet=remote tune
    2006 M400 (143 of 220) [SOLD]
    2002 Van Diemen Zetec Formula Continental
    2003 Porsche 911 GT3
    2005 Land Rover HSE

I had my remap done as well and saw a similar improvement. Troy also did a custom idle map for me and now I'm not stalling with A/C+lights!!
    2003 Porsche 911 GT3
    2005 Land Rover HSE

here are my dyno results from Troy's base map. No mods to the engine.
    2003 Porsche 911 GT3
    2005 Land Rover HSE