Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noble Build Video

Quote Originally Posted by jams001 View Post
    great post is that.. i really love car so my car i s Mitsubishi lancer 2.0 ex gta

Run for the hills....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Actually, I understand they may be up to 35++ already with the overseas orders. With all these new sports cars coming out though, they are getting real close to Noble/Rossion performance... granted, with Star Wars & Star Trek technologies and "doo-dads" to accomplish it!
    Gotta tell ya, the more I drive cars, the less I select them by the numbers. Not apologizing for the M400's numbers by ANY means but these other cars just don't feel as good as the Noble, there's nothing like it really, at least that I've driven.

Or, to exaggerate the point, drive a little Spec Miata. I know we turn our noses down to this little 115hp beat-up car, but talk about FUN!!! Many many members at Autobahn who have purchased Spec Miatas now pretty much leave their GT3 RS's sitting in the garage...hard to believe I know but it's all about the joy of driving, and that little car is SO much fun to drive...and is such a true test of skill...

So as I watch other mfgs' 0-60 times etc dropping (a CTS-V at 3.9??), I just smile, invite their owners to settle into my M400, watch them try to ignore all the cellphone cameras flashing in their face, and then watch the amazement and the smiles widening...best supercar of them all to drive....

Exactly what attracted me to the car within the first 5 minutes that I drove it.

Numbers are OK, and fast Nurburgring times are impressive, but nothing beats something that feels good to drive. Among the small group of really fast cars, nothing beats the Noble or a Rossion Q1.

I think that the Miata is way to heavy to have fun with here in the canyons. My XI weighs 1,200 lbs with me in it, and has 115 HP. I can drift the thing and never leave my lane.

Quote Originally Posted by S.J.Morgan View Post

I think that the Miata is way to heavy to have fun with here in the canyons.
    Yeah, passed on one myself after a test drive. But the Spec Miata race car, stripped down and on slicks with some serious toe and camber, is something totally different, a magical transformation...

Cool Noble M600

Quote Originally Posted by S.J.Morgan View Post
    Exactly what attracted me to the car within the first 5 minutes that I drove it.

Numbers are OK, and fast Nurburgring times are impressive, but nothing beats something that feels good to drive. Among the small group of really fast cars, nothing beats the Noble or a Rossion Q1.

I think that the Miata is way to heavy to have fun with here in the canyons. My XI weighs 1,200 lbs with me in it, and has 115 HP. I can drift the thing and never leave my lane.
    My son is the American end of Noble test drivers, and about a month ago, both he and I drove the new Noble M600 at Firebird Raceway (East Track) for about five days of intensive testing.
    The "comparison car" was the Porsche Carrera GT V10.

Although the Porsche is a fantastic car, and especially on a race track, but I have come to a conclusion; the Noble M600 is a better car.
    I drove the Nobel M600 to almost incredible speeds and G's.
    The car is the only car I've driven that combines so well, the attributes of a very high end supercar, with the direct feel and response of a very good race car.
    The car on the track is about as comfortable as a race car could be while doing everything that you expect from a qualified race car.
    Exceptionally stable at speed and very stable under hard braking going into turns.
    Mid-turn performance is very confidence building with no suspension "chatter" or dynamics that upset the car.
    Acceleration is more than brisk.
    I believe that the engines at the track were only at about 610 HP, but they already have 680 HP (all dyno'd) engines ready for production cars.
    At roughly 610 HP, the acceleration is stronger than the Porsche, and because of the turbos, it's delivery is smooth and the torque band is dead flat.

If you get a chance, try the M600.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketdoc View Post
    My son is the American end of Noble test drivers, and about a month ago, both he and I drove the new Noble M600 at Firebird Raceway (East Track) for about five days of intensive testing.
    The "comparison car" was the Porsche Carrera GT V10.

Although the Porsche is a fantastic car, and especially on a race track, but I have come to a conclusion; the Noble M600 is a better car.
    I drove the Nobel M600 to almost incredible speeds and G's.
    The car is the only car I've driven that combines so well, the attributes of a very high end supercar, with the direct feel and response of a very good race car.
    The car on the track is about as comfortable as a race car could be while doing everything that you expect from a qualified race car.
    Exceptionally stable at speed and very stable under hard braking going into turns.
    Mid-turn performance is very confidence building with no suspension "chatter" or dynamics that upset the car.
    Acceleration is more than brisk.
    I believe that the engines at the track were only at about 610 HP, but they already have 680 HP (all dyno'd) engines ready for production cars.
    At roughly 610 HP, the acceleration is stronger than the Porsche, and because of the turbos, it's delivery is smooth and the torque band is dead flat.

If you get a chance, try the M600.
    What is an M600?

Quote Originally Posted by CapeRocket View Post
    What is an M600?
    The latest from the Noble Company (as opposed to Lee Noble, who doesn't work there anymore) that you can't buy here. twin turbo Volvo narrow angle V8, Graziano gearbox. Check Noble's website.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeRocket View Post
    What is an M600?
    For more on the M600 go to this post below:
    http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=4144

Don't run out of Popcorn!

Did you test this car SJ?
    Dino

Sarthe Grey Rossion Q1 (Sold to a good home in Colorado)
    Wolf GB08 LMP3/CN Sports Prototype www.motorsports-sw.com www.wolfracingcars.com
    Red 2006 A4 (slow but good gas mileage)
    2012 Audi Q7 TDI (Awesome Highway & Tow Vehicle w/Torque and High MPG)

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Did you test this car SJ?
    No. The car was in the US for hot weather testing, and so that the owner of Noble Cars could play with it. No known plans to export the car to the US.