Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ForcedFed 400HP Lotus Elise plus other FI Elise Info

Default ForcedFed 400HP Lotus Elise plus other FI Elise Info

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14302

0-60 in 3.3 seconds
    0-100 in 6.7 seconds
    Quarter mile in 11.1 seconds at 126 mph
    180mph top speed

Seems a few hp short of the 400hp mark, but the incredible weight of that car, about 400lbs less than a Noble, makes up for it. Power curve isn't nearly as nice as the Noble, but we're talking a very small inline 4 engine, with a reasonably big turbo. Very fast little car.

Max torque of 229 lb/ft looks to be at 7800 rpm, roughly what we make at 3600 rpm or so.

Engine bay isn't changed around that radically either.

Man, I got to figure out this lean running issue.
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Oh yeah, here's a video of it on street tires (requirement for that test):

http://www.cpdserver.com/elisetalk/v...ed400-spin.wmv

Somebody get that bad boy a set of DOT-R's and bigger wheels!
    RacePrecision GotApex

Gabriel,

You'd better make some progress on those CF clams if we're to maintain bragging rights.

Mike
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxM400
    Seems a few hp short of the 400hp mark, but the incredible weight of that car, about 400lbs less than a Noble, makes up for it.
    Even worse, it's 500lbs less.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

looks like a monster.

power band seems to be about 1500 RPMs. how is it to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by turnbaugh
    looks like a monster.

power band seems to be about 1500 RPMs. how is it to drive?
    IMO it's the definition of automotive insanity to take such a well balanced car and spend nearly the purchase price to turn it into a virtual hand grenade that's barely drivable. The only sensible applications are on the track, where it won't necessarily even be competitive in its class.
    I drove the "274" version of the turbo Elise, and it is a nice enhancement to the basic car, but even that power increase really requires clutch, shock, wheel, tire, and brake upgrades to turn it into a well balanced package that can take full advantage of the car's potential.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

I'm with Joel on this one. You can take any car to it's extreme limits. But is it really worth it? A neighbor of mine bought his son a new W6 Pontiac about the same time I bought my C5 Corvette a few years ago. When they found out that I had put a supercharger on the Corvette (after I had spanked them on the street), they went crazy. Not to be outdone they started modifying the Pontiac so that it would be faster than the C5. They never achieved it with minor mods. They had to do a complete engine rebuild/swap, rear axle, supecharger, new transmission, stall converter, etc. and by the time they were done, it was just a trailered drag car that wasn't even streetable. My thought was: if you want your car to be as fast as a Corvette, why not get a Corvette to begin with. With the money they spent on the W6, they could have had an even faster car. All I did was bolt on a supercharger (took me about 2 days in my garage) to help it breath better and it went from a 13 sec. car to an 11 sec. car.

That Lotus looked like it would be a very busy ride (that guy was about to lose it on every corner) unless racing tires would improve its handling. Could it be that the added horsepower was just too much for the suspension to handle?

Craig

Go Kart + Steroids = scare the crap out of yourself machine!

Though I would like to drive such a machine I wouldn't want to own it as that car would crash alot with anyone trying to drive it fast.

400 Horsepower Stage 2 Turbo Kit
    # ForcedFed purchased a new Magnetic Blue Elise and plans to use it for developing the 400hp Stage 2 Turbo kit. The Stage 2 kit will likely include: Forcedfed Built Long Block with British Racing Green Crinkle Valve Cover
    # Forcedfed Engineered Fuelling System
    # Garrett GT28/71 Turbo Internally Gated
    # Stainless Steel Turbo Support System
    # Larger Runner 321 Stainless Tubular Manifold
    # Heat shielding for turbo and manifold
    # Spearco 450 HP Intercooler Core
    # 750CM Puller Fan
    # Aluminum Dedicated Intercooler Ducting
    # Powder coated Aluminum Intercooler Pipes with isolator Mounts and Chassis Brackets
    # Samco Intercooler Hose
    # 304 Stainless 3 Inch exhaust system with flanged removable cat and muffler with optional tip and test pipe, using the factory donut with swivel and motorcycle springs for flex
    # 550cc Injectors
    # Engine Management System TBD
    # Dedicated Air Intake System
    # Forcedfed Aluminum Baffled Oil Pan
    # Pressure Adaptor Fitting and Line
    # NGK Spark Plugs
    # Bosch Porsche BOV with Plumbing for Recirculation
    # Brackets, Braces, Lines and Fittings
    # Engineered Engine Restraint System

The first Elise performance package (Stage 1) ForcedFed has developed is a turbo kit that develops 241whp (estimated 275hp at the engine) and 170 lbs-ft torque at the rear wheels (stock is 166hp & 119 lbs-ft).

# The 275 horsepower Stage 1 Turbo Kit consists of: Garrett GT28R Turbo (7psi)
    # Stainless Steel Turbo Support System
    # 321 Stainless Tubular Manifold
    # Heatshielding for turbo and manifold
    # Spearco 450 HP Intercooler Core
    # 750CM Puller Fan
    # Aluminum Dedicated Intercooler Ducting
    # Powder coated Aluminum Intercooler Pipes with isolator Mounts and Chassis Brackets
    # Samco Intercooler Hose
    # 304 Stainless 3 Inch exhaust system with flanged removable cat and muffler with optional tip and test pipe, using the factory donut with swivel and motorcycle springs for flex
    # 550cc Injectors
    # Proprietary Engine Management Computer
    # Dedicated Air Intake System
    # Modified Toyota Oil Pan (core exchange)
    # Pressure Adaptor Fitting and Line
    # NGK Spark Plugs
    # Bosch Porsche BOV with Plumbing for Recirculation
    # Brackets, Braces, Lines and Fittings
    # Engineered Engine Restraint System

The ForcedFed Stage 1 Turbo Kit is priced at $7200 plus install. Total weight gain over stock is estimated to be 20 lbs.
    RacePrecision GotApex

Update:

Hmm, per ForcedFed:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...4&postcount=34

The 400hp kit uses a Garrett GT3071, not the smaller GT2871.

I wonder why such a huge turbo for this kind of power. Perhaps more power later?
    RacePrecision GotApex