Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new orders!

Exclamation Suggestions for new orders!

I figured it's probably a good time to open a thread for current owners to give suggestions for new buyers. Voice in on your own likes and dislikes.

I'd personally suggest, at least with the M400, to ask for body colored paint on the side mirrors (including the arms), the wing tips, and wing supports. Man, would have looked a lot better than way instead of with anthracite (which is slightly blue). Also, I'd ask to have the door handles painted, instead of the black plastic which looks a bit cheap. I'm sure it's a minor upcharge, but well worth it.

Thankfully, 1g was good enough to include a can of paint with the car. I'll have to take that to a local bodyshop to paint these extra parts. It would have been much easier if I ordered it the right way though.

I actually had my wing painted body color to hide the carbon fiber. CF is a bit bling for me, but at least it's real CF.

This one is a personal preference thing: I love the alcantara. I'd quite happily pay extra to have this alcantara over leather. Nice and grippy with a good consistancy.

Be sure to get the right size seats, and installed in the right location for your height.

For instance, with the GTO-3R, there is the standard seat, and a wider seat. The M400 only have 1 size (which are absolutely awesome, btw).

I'm (sadly) rather short, so there's absolutely no way to use the seats with the rails drilled in the stock location. Stock, it's probably good for someone 5' 8" to 6' 4" or so. My mechanic will need to drill new holes in the body and move the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxM400
    I'd personally suggest, at least with the M400, to ask for body colored paint on the side mirrors (including the arms), the wing tips, and wing supports. Man, would have looked a lot better than way instead of with anthracite (which is slightly blue). Also, I'd ask to have the door handles painted, instead of the black plastic which looks a bit cheap. I'm sure it's a minor upcharge, but well worth it.

Thankfully, 1g was good enough to include a can of paint with the car. I'll have to take that to a local bodyshop to paint these extra parts. It would have been much easier if I ordered it the right way though.

I actually had my wing painted body color to hide the carbon fiber. CF is a bit bling for me, but at least it's real CF.

I took a similar approach with my M400 but not quite all paint. Mirrors, wing and wing tips are painted the color of the body (Indigo Blue), mirror supports and wing support are black.

Pictures here: http://richsd.smugmug.com/gallery/256767/1/12764846

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxM400
    This one is a personal preference thing: I love the alcantara. I'd quite happily pay extra to have this alcantara over leather. Nice and grippy with a good consistancy.
    I went with the leather because it doesn't stain as easily as the alcantera, if you get my meaning

Quote Originally Posted by caccobra
    I went with the leather because it doesn't stain as easily as the alcantera, if you get my meaning
    True enough, true enough. Seems like many people prefer the leather interior. I do admit, it looks to be much easier to clean than the alcantera (which, while synthetic, has a suede-like consistancy).

Carbon fiber also gets a milky look to it when exposed to prolonged UV.

Default Just ordered an M400

The car will be dark steel blue grey with the back of the door mirrors, door handles, and wing end plates color keyed. I'm getting the wing supports, door mirror supports, and wheels black. The wing will be exposed carbon fiber. Interior is all black alcantera.

I'm getting the options, of course, and am also having an easy access plug for the charger put in. I've also asked Dean at 1g to try and get me the racing splitter from England. I've noticed that many of the English Nobles have an aerial mounted to the roof, but assume that this is not a usual option in the U. S. cars.

Michael
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

No, the US one does not have the aerial by default.

If you get the stock Sony stereo system, it comes with an under-hood antenna. Reports say it's not the best.

If you get no stereo, you get no antenna. I went without the stereo, since I put in a Panasonic unit (the one with the new TriPath digital amp). For the antenna, I picked up an amplified under-hood one:

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=50