Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new orders!

Default Stereo

Does anyone actually listen to their stereo. I have had mine on twice since I got the car - eventually turned it off because 1. The engine was too loud and 2 I love listening to the engine when I drive.

Any other comments from other owners?

I think using the stereo will be a very rare occasion for me.

Suggestion:

Check your parts early to make sure you have all of em, and you have the right ones. It's a very minor issue if you do it early, but it'll hold up the install if you do it late in the game.

Leather vs Alcantara short term wear information:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...84178&f=26&h=0
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Default battery post/paint

I am also having remote battery post put on mine. I think it makes sense, has anyone done that yet? It should be simple to do before the engine is in. And makes it easy to jump if I get in that situation. Also an earlier post talked about paint, my M400 came in with painted mirrors and door handles, Dean said thats how they were coming now. I got lucky it looks good.
    Drew
    Monza Red M400 #96 Sold
    2011 S550
    2013 ML 63
    1968 chevy C10
    trophy truck
    Hennessy Viper
    Widebody SL 550

I have two connectors right by the rear wheel arch - I had to jump it once and it was very easy to get to!

Quote Originally Posted by one lap M400
    I am also having remote battery post put on mine. I think it makes sense, has anyone done that yet? It should be simple to do before the engine is in. And makes it easy to jump if I get in that situation. Also an earlier post talked about paint, my M400 came in with painted mirrors and door handles, Dean said thats how they were coming now. I got lucky it looks good.
    Definitely worth doing. I did that as well, just basically extending the positive up near the top and isolating it:

My mechanic did that when installing the lighter battery (15.8 lbs vs 38lb stock):

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=70
    RacePrecision GotApex

Quote Originally Posted by No Lotus
    The car will be dark steel blue grey with the back of the door mirrors, door handles, and wing end plates color keyed.
    ... and after a few miles the rear wheels arches will be pebble dashed white.

I covered (with 3M Smartguard) the front areas but not the rear wheel arches which actually receive the most grief from the stones thrown up by the Corsas.

Alternatively purchase some more touch up paint
    --
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by chillidog
    ... and after a few miles the rear wheels arches will be pebble dashed white.

I covered (with 3M Smartguard) the front areas but not the rear wheel arches which actually receive the most grief from the stones thrown up by the Corsas.

Alternatively purchase some more touch up paint
    --
    Richard
    Good to hear from another prominent PHer and thanks for the advice!

Looks like we have pretty much the same car, except that you drive yours from the wrong side.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

The Noble kit from Armourfend includes the both the front and rear inner wheel arches ($40 per pair), though it only seems to cover the back portion of it. Getting them fully covered may be a better idea.
    RacePrecision GotApex