Thread: Rear speakers?

Default Rear speakers?

I just had my stereo installed; a rudimentary start I will live with for a while and adjust as needed. I chose the Kenwood KDC-X889 headunit, because I wanted iPod interface. I put JL Audio VR600 CXi front speakers in only. They sound pretty good and have low distortion. I'm wondering how much is to be gained by placing rear speakers, and where to place them. I'm considering installing a set of Bose 161 bookshelf speakers on the rear deck directly behind the seats. Any thoughts on this? Amp insights are also appreciated, as I'm just running off the head unit now. Again, how much can be gained by this?

Also, I think I'm going to be disappointed with the reception from the under-dash ribbon antennae. Any suggestions on exterior antennaes with both good reception and reasonable aesthetics?

Hey those bookshelf speakers are a great idea.

i agree. the radio reception i get from my car is really crappy to be honest, does your cars also have that antennae in the middle of the car just above the windscreen?

No. They only put in a ribbon antennae under the dash. I'm thinking of looking for something to install mid-roof, like the ones on the VW Golfs.

seems SA spec ones get that antennae, i don't like it personally, and the reception is still pretty crap

Will someone please post a picture with a Noble with the antenna in the background and a remote control in the foreground?

I like the look of the "remote control" antenna. Looks like a telemetry antenna. Next we need one of the formula one camera chimneys.