Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Noble/Rossion Meet

Quote Originally Posted by NobleForumMOD View Post
    Dear Grapeman,

I just received your invoice related to this important assignment that I retained your services for and I have some questions.

I think you may need to sharpen your pencil some more.

I don't understand how a "multi-disc clutch" or a "dry sump" was needed to accomplish what I sent you there to do.....

Respectfully,

NFM
    Haven't you heard of parting gifts?! Besides...I'm part of the Great Forgotten (a guy who works for a living, makes sure he has health care for him and his family, and pays his taxes). It was time for me to get my own stimulus package.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    YUP YUP YUP...

The 24" spinners really look good. I heard that the spinning fins actually double to cool off the rotors when parked.
    Instead of Darth Vader, we'll call it Super Fly Vader!

Add some air shocks too... if you gonna add bling, make it move!
    Anthony R.
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by almracing View Post
    Add some air shocks too... if you gonna add bling, make it move!
    You're way ahead of me.

I won't have any problems with my driveway anymore!!!!!
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Quote Originally Posted by Zezinho View Post
    Again, would be a pleasure to volunteer Autobahn, up to you guys. Perhaps we could do it on a weekend where we do South track one day and North track the next....and O'Hare or Midway are both major enough to receive most folks from most places non-stop. I do know though that we're pretty far north...

I've made that trip once, and I'd definitely do it again! Would tow the Noble this time, though. Autobahn is an awesome facility, and would offer a lot more driving time/sessions than most tracks. Wouldn't be as hot in the summer, either.

-stew

Quote Originally Posted by Zezinho View Post
    Again, would be a pleasure to volunteer Autobahn, up to you guys. Perhaps we could do it on a weekend where we do South track one day and North track the next....and O'Hare or Midway are both major enough to receive most folks from most places non-stop. I do know though that we're pretty far north...
    I'd rather go to Chicago myself, rather than Texas. Thanks for the offer.

I would be up for a consolidated trailer session, a trailer full of Nobles from the SE, and then drive up in convoy. This guards against any track incidents, and a way to get cars home if same happens. Never say never .......... and there potentially is cost savings in doing so.
    2004 M12 GTO 3R / 630 HP

I would be all over Autobahn... followed by a Route 66 trip back home.
    Noble -> Rossion -> Origin

OK, here is the information I have for running a track weekend (3-days) in the Dallas /Fort Worth area. For those flying in, DFW airport is within 45 minutes of all 3 tracks in the area. It all depends on what we all want to do.
    I contacted The Driver’s Edge (TDE) and asked what they could do. They had several options. They have done this before for the national NSX meet and Roush. Regardless of the track, they are willing to set up a Noble/Rossion garage, provide lunch and special dinner and have a Noble group run and pics.
    The cheapest would be to stay with one track- Motorsport Ranch (Cresson, near Ft, Worth) and run different directions. They have a 1.7 and a 3.1 track that are enjoyable. Could do one day on our own and then hook up with their HPDE event for Saturday and Sunday. The cost of the track would be approximately $3700 (maybe could get a better deal) plus the EMTs, insurance and corner workers. The weekend HPDE would be about $250 for the entire weekend.
    Or, we could do MSR on day then do Eagle’s Canyon (near Denton) with the HPDE event or vice-versa. This would be a little bit more expensive but not outrageous.
    OR, we could do Texas Motor Speedway and have one day for autocross, one day for the infield track and the last say for the NASCAR roval. It would be expensive at $9000 per day for the track, but much cheaper for the parking lot autocross. It is TMS and if you want to run where NASCAR runs you can. I’ve done the TMS roval and infield road course at night and it was good to say I did it but it wasn’t the track that was the perk but the atmosphere of such a huge facility that is very nice. This might draw more people to the event. Also, could do 1 day at TMS and then the rest with the HPDE event at MSR or ECR to make the cost affordable.
    Rick at 5th Gear Motorsports (Lewisville, TX) is 20 minutes from TMS, 40 minutes from ECR and 1 hr from MSR is willing to open up their shop and provide a dinner with technical and mechanical help that night to get cars ready for the track weekend. They are also open for others to show/sell/services their products at the shop to those attending the dinner and event. They will also provide mechanical help for the weekend event.
    If there is more interest I can look into hotels (plain or fancy) and other events. We could see about touring AER in Addison and the WWII plane museum also in Addison. Up to what events people want.
    That is about all I know for an event in the area.
    Brian
    FlyNoble- Brian

'69 Lotus Elan FHC
    '88 BMW M3 2.5ltr
    '02 BMW M3 SMG
    #45 Noble M12 (Hoover single turbo)
    '04 BMW Boxer Cup Replica
    '05 C4500 Crewcab Car Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by flynoble View Post
    OK, here is the information I have for running a track weekend (3-days) in the Dallas /Fort Worth area. For those flying in, DFW airport is within 45 minutes of all 3 tracks in the area. It all depends on what we all want to do.
    I contacted The Driverís Edge (TDE) and asked what they could do. They had several options. They have done this before for the national NSX meet and Roush. Regardless of the track, they are willing to set up a Noble/Rossion garage, provide lunch and special dinner and have a Noble group run and pics.
    The cheapest would be to stay with one track- Motorsport Ranch (Cresson, near Ft, Worth) and run different directions. They have a 1.7 and a 3.1 track that are enjoyable. Could do one day on our own and then hook up with their HPDE event for Saturday and Sunday. The cost of the track would be approximately $3700 (maybe could get a better deal) plus the EMTs, insurance and corner workers. The weekend HPDE would be about $250 for the entire weekend.
    Or, we could do MSR on day then do Eagleís Canyon (near Denton) with the HPDE event or vice-versa. This would be a little bit more expensive but not outrageous.
    OR, we could do Texas Motor Speedway and have one day for autocross, one day for the infield track and the last say for the NASCAR roval. It would be expensive at $9000 per day for the track, but much cheaper for the parking lot autocross. It is TMS and if you want to run where NASCAR runs you can. Iíve done the TMS roval and infield road course at night and it was good to say I did it but it wasnít the track that was the perk but the atmosphere of such a huge facility that is very nice. This might draw more people to the event. Also, could do 1 day at TMS and then the rest with the HPDE event at MSR or ECR to make the cost affordable.
    Rick at 5th Gear Motorsports (Lewisville, TX) is 20 minutes from TMS, 40 minutes from ECR and 1 hr from MSR is willing to open up their shop and provide a dinner with technical and mechanical help that night to get cars ready for the track weekend. They are also open for others to show/sell/services their products at the shop to those attending the dinner and event. They will also provide mechanical help for the weekend event.
    If there is more interest I can look into hotels (plain or fancy) and other events. We could see about touring AER in Addison and the WWII plane museum also in Addison. Up to what events people want.
    That is about all I know for an event in the area.
    Brian
    Brian,

Thanks, that is awesome!!!!!

I'm up for Texas. It seems like the best choice. There are also a half dozen or so Nobles and Rossions in that state.

3700.00 is cheap. I pay more than double for ThunderHill, not including lunch, ambulance, tow vehicles etc....

What say fellas?
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N