Thread: Removable Steering Wheel Hub Installed

Thumbs up Removable Steering Wheel Hub Installed

I installed a removable steering wheel hub on my Noble today. It is available from www.tekniqauto.com and is called the Snap-Off Street System. It includes all of the adapters necessary and was a simple installation. Some of the UK owners have also used it, but theirs were sourced from the UK. The folks at Tekniq Autosport are in Canada and were very accomodating and made sure that they sent everything I needed for the install before sending it. Just thought I'd pass along the info, in case anyone else wants to have a removable wheel too. The Snap-Off System is $149.90 US and the adapter ring was $19.90 US. IT has an added advantage for me, since I am tall and this makes it easier to get in and out of the car and also brings the steering wheel farther out so it isn't rubbing on my knees anymore when I make a turn. It will also make it more difficult for anyone to steal.

Oh... I forgot to mention....as you can see by the two contacts on the hub, you can still have a horn that works too. Not all removable hubs have that feature.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by caccobra; 01-29-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Looks like a nice set-up. Thanks for the great pics.
    My problem is tight access when parked in my garage because I don't have enough space to open the driver's door completely. Getting the wheel out of the way should help. I assume there's an adaptor for the stock wheel.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    Looks like a nice set-up. Thanks for the great pics.
    My problem is tight access when parked in my garage because I don't have enough space to open the driver's door completely. Getting the wheel out of the way should help. I assume there's an adaptor for the stock wheel.
    Yes, the adapter is for a MOMO wheel, which is the stock wheel as well (just a different style is all).

Funny - I just ordered the exact same wheel and shift knob.. and now the same hub

How do you like it?
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Brav
    Funny - I just ordered the exact same wheel and shift knob.. and now the same hub

How do you like it?
    Brav,

Good choicees. I love 'em. Much nicer grip and feel to them and I think it really changed the look of the interior. I haven't really had a need to remove the steering wheel much, but it's a nice feature to have for security, if nothing else.

Craig

I just ordered one, but had to go with the race version as it allows the wheel to be interchanged (I have the stock wheel for the street and Farringdon one for the track).
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.