Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Season Begins.....ITE Noble

Default The Season Begins.....ITE Noble

It's a very difficult week.
    Jimbo is still working on Grapeman's ITE Noble. I left a couple of hours ago.

We are assembling the vehicle and attempting to shake it out at 2 tracks next week: ThunderHill and ButtonWillow.

It's a bit ambitious, but this Noble has it's first race on Jan.22.

I'll blog here during the process.

Wiring this evening and Motor.
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

This thread will probably not be as popular as the Enzo vs. Noble thread, but I feel that it has much more depth.

Grapeman is taking on ITE this year and represents us as a collective, Noble and Rossion alike, with the latest generation of components. Guys like him have spent so much time, money and energy to build something they firmly believe in. I am personally speechless at the trust he's given TurboHoses and will support him any way I can.

On we go......

Our first shake out day is at the end of next week. We spend two days with the car, then a day helping Grapeman get acquainted.

I'm back at the shop this morning, waiting for a NDA package to arrive. When building a car there should be something called YA (yesterday air), I'd gladly use it!!!!!!

It was a very foggy drive to work this morning and the radio was on, but I think I was talking to myself and wondering how Mr. Murphy Law always walks through my door. Seriously, when it's slow and we're cruiz'in along, working on cars, he just sits backs and chills out. But NOOOOO, once we have a million things to do, he has to just show up and make sure that we have problems. I stare at the engine this morning and wonder if all is well when we start it this week, I stare at the new turbo and wonder if it's built right, hell, I'm just looking at his whole car and wondering if EVERYTHING is ok.

Jimbo gave up his weekend and doesn't have another day off for 10 days. When he gets grumpy, we had all better run. I've gotta hand it to these guys though, they live, eat and breathe cars.

Taking a deep breath and getting to work....
    Last edited by Hoover; 01-09-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    Factory Noble Software

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Fed ex arrived and now we can have some breakfast.
    Factory Noble Software

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Hmm...sounds like a stressful time--and the weather isn't helping much since the local forecast calls for a wet week.
    But that could be a good excuse for a sugar break on Tuesday .
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Thanks Joel!!!!!
    Yes, correct parts arrived and now our clutch aligning tool isn't the right one.
    Ok, Murphy, what next!!!!???
    Factory Noble Software

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

all the parts on the left, right, back, front, up , down and not pictured go in the car.
    Where is that tool???!!!!!
    Factory Noble Software

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

What does the space heater go in? You guys experiencing global warming there too?

I can hear Robert's excited twitching all the way from CA.

LOL!!!!
    that's the rocket booster, just incase he needs some extra push!!!!!!

The shop is cold, REALLY cold. It's fully insulated and it insulated the cold air all night, so it's freezing. When the guys come to work, they look like they are going skiing. A little heat, goes a long way.

Still no tool and I've got a huge headache now.
    Factory Noble Software

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    This thread will probably not be as popular as the Enzo vs. Noble thread, but I feel that it has much more depth.

Grapeman is taking on ITE this year and represents us as a collective, Noble and Rossion alike, with the latest generation of components. Guys like him have spent so much time, money and energy to build something they firmly believe in. I am personally speechless at the trust he's given TurboHoses and will support him any way I can.
    Jimbo gave up his weekend and doesn't have another day off for 10 days. When he gets grumpy, we had all better run. I've gotta hand it to these guys though, they live, eat and breathe cars.
    Thanks, Hoover, for the kind words (and of course for all the fine work). This thread will only be interesting when you post pictures and discuss all the stuff you've been doing. That's all anyone wants to see or read!

And as for my stepping up to racing this car, I fully realize there's a huge difference between taking my car out on track days, even when you're out there with experienced racers, and actually doing it. To say that I'm not extremely apprehensive would be a complete lie! But I hope it's fun, and I know you guys are giving me the tools with which to work, that's for sure. I just hope that those of you who have cautioned me on going down this path don't prove to be right as I pile up my car!

I also note that you said above I'd be first racing in two weeks. I don't think that'll be it, in case anyone is following. As you know, I have been effectively without my car since last May (first a blown tranny, then a burned clutch, and then the final coup de gras with a blown engine...all in succession!). And given all that you've done to the car in this rebuild and modification, I suspect I will be learning to drive a new car (although hopefully my couple of days in Darth Vader have given me a taste of things to come). Add the fact that I have to work on Friday (the practice day), and it just seems that it would be too soon (I do not want to be acclimating myself to the car during qualifying...that just doesn't sound like a smart idea to me).

So my current thinking is to wait until 2/19-21 at Willow Springs. That way, we have three days of break in next weekend and I can get at least a couple of track/practice days in before then.

As for Jim, sorry he's cranky! But I also know that he's probably the only other guy out there who is as maniacally focused on building/modifying/improving cars as you are! So my suspicion is that he's not happy UNLESS he's working on them like this! Nonetheless, I know that grease makes the gears turn effortlessly. I'll therefore bring him some wine next weekend to kiss his butt!!!

Thanks for all you guys do. This has really been a fun process over the past few months, and I can't wait to turn the page!
    Robert

Jimbo worked around the clutch tool.
    two cheap sockets and welding wire.....have faith...well, give me 10 minutes and then have faith.

Then a washer is missing...what the HeXXXXXXX!!!!!!
    I looked around the floor and found it 4 ft. from where it fell. How the hello do washers just walk away.
    Lost a few hours between the tool and washer.......

At some point, I'll have to email pics. to Caccobra, it's almost time to drop the engine in place.
    If you don't mind, Craig...thnx!!!
    Factory Noble Software

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N