Thread: Stock Cat

Default Stock Cat

If anyone is curious, this is what one of our two (they're identical) look like:

Making bracket for mine, for quick change.

Chap from Roush UK and Simon from Noble said that removing the cat made no measurable difference. They said it might be 2-3bhp tops!

Still better to test it than take someones word Should make it sound more throaty too!

sold : M12 GTO3

I wouldn't be surprised. Most modern sport cats are pretty good. At most, it's merely a difference of a few hp, and slightly slower turbo spooling, plus some extra heat.

Good point. The diminished heat would be the biggest win for me.

Any progress wiring up an intercooler fan yet?

sold : M12 GTO3

Not yet. I'm adding a total of 4 fans:

1. 5.6" fan on passenger side, attached to Mocal oil cooler.
    2. 7.5" fan on driver side, just behind vent.
    3 & 4. Fans for the intercooler.

I have not found the right temperature sensor yet. Unfortunately, most temperature sensors start at 160 degrees F, which would be useless for these applications. I'm sure I'll find something though.

Also, I have not purchased fans 3 & 4. I'm waiting for the thicker, more efficient intercooler from 1gracing before buying the fans. There's not a lot of room between the top of the intercooler and the rear clam vents. I'd rather have the intercooler in there first, so I can measure exactly how big (diameter and thickness) the pair of fans can be.

I understand that some people with the upgraded intercooler have already installed a pair of fans on their car. No one has had time to measure or take pictures yet, as far as I know.