Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M400 dyno results

Default M400 dyno results

Jeff and Casey of Forcedfed dynoed the car today and the results weren't exactly stellar. I'll post the graph tonight when I find the time to scan it. Hopefully Jeff will be on here at some point and comment since I don't really know what I'm talking about. Suffice it to say that max power was only 306hp at the wheels on the first try and that subsequent runs resulted in progressively less power (well, I guess that's to be expected). Jeff said it's about 60hp below what I should be seeing from true 425hp at the crank.

More troubling than the lack of power, however, is the shape of the power curve. Past 5,000 rpm it falls off a cliff and this is exactly what you feel when driving the car. At that point boost starts to decrease and then bounce all over the place. Clearly, something isn't right. I just hope they'll be able to correct it without too much difficulty.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Did the graph include the A/F and boost curve?
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

The graph does include the A/F ratio. The car was 14-15 to 1 until a little past 4500 then it goes WAY WAY rich. The boost gauge goes crazy after 4K rpms. I suspect that it is the vacuum lines, the three different "T" fittings, and the three differnet sizes of vacuum lines. We are going to redo the vacuum system with a vacuum distribution block and use the same size vacuum line all around.

It is better to eliminate the easy stuff first and see if the resolves the issues.

We also plugged and eliminated the aftermarket blow off valve to make sure it was no bleeding off the boost. It was working fine.

The rear clam is a lot easier to take off on a Noble then a Elise. I wish I could make our Elise just like that.

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing the results.
    RacePrecision GotApex

I think the boost going all over the place is due to the boost controller. I dont think the "T" fittings are the problem. Bravs car was going throught he same thing and after replacing the boost controller, the boost stayed consistent. Gabes car as the same T fittings and his car holds boost with no problems either. He is using the Blitz controller. We are using the Turbonetics one for Brav's car. With the FPR kit, gabes car is running 14-15:1 also until full boost is hit, then it holds a steady 11:1-11:7
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by rollhard
    I think the boost going all over the place is due to the boost controller. I dont think the "T" fittings are the problem. Bravs car was going throught he same thing and after replacing the boost controller, the boost stayed consistent. Gabes car as the same T fittings and his car holds boost with no problems either. He is using the Blitz controller. We are using the Turbonetics one for Brav's car. With the FPR kit, gabes car is running 14-15:1 also until full boost is hit, then it holds a steady 11:1-11:7
    Eloy,

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of power are you guys seeing?

Mike
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Here's my old dyno:

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=429

Running about 360hp to wheels on a pretty conservative dyno (XS Engineering), back when it was running poorly.
    RacePrecision GotApex

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxM400
    Here's my old dyno:

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=429

Running about 360hp to wheels on a pretty conservative dyno (XS Engineering), back when it was running poorly.
    I forgot about that. Our graphs are similar until 5,000 rpm where your power continues to rise while mine falls precipitously. On the bright side, there's a lot more power in store for me.

Sorry for the poor quality picture, but my scanner isn't working.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Gabe's for comparison:
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Sorry, forgot to attach it.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.