Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fenix deliveries WILL happen this next spring.

Default Fenix deliveries WILL happen this next spring.

Despite rumors to the contrary, it was stated by Fenix that deliveries of the new car WILL happen this next spring (2011). Nothing new yet about sales to USA.

Quote from Lee Noble dated today, AUG 22, 2010
    To answer recent post about delays.

Well not really delays as we always said cars would be delivered spring next year. It would have been nice to have a car on the road in the UK by now, (a prototype) but sorry we dont. Mostly the reason is our desision to embrace modern technology and deliver an even better product than even I ever thought possible.

In the low volume industry the biggest difficulty has always been making the body, traditonally this required many skilled old men and a very good hands on designer with lots of wood and body fillar. Just like the M12 M14 and M15 were made.
    Problem is not many skilled old men are left, also it is incredably difficult and wastefull method of making a pattern for such a big product, and the hope of making the left side exactly ther same as the right by hand. (Well i will let you think on that.)

Trust me if anyone knows the difficulty of doing the body the old fashioned way its Me right back from the first Ultima in 1983 i would say all the products were flawed in several ways simply due to the effort time involved in doing things that way, even if something was not quite right towards the end. You inevitably would ignore it because fixing it would take several weeks.
    The result was simple it was a totally frustrating job, ending up in most cases with a product you were never really satisfied with.

So how did all this affect the latest project the Fenix. Well actually in a good way, we spent many months making a body in the traditional way and it looked quite good. But during a trip to South africa to finalise the design we spent a lot of time looking at and talking about Hi Tech's new product, this was a most impressive car especially in the body fit and finish. After many hours of looking into the way this body was designed and especially the way the tooling moulds and panels were made.
    Our desision was made easy really, We had to change. We had to embrace new techniques to design and manufacture.

The style of our new product has not really changed significantly , but the way to enhance it and ensure its accuracy has. By using the latest software you can avoid almost all the mistakes, and all the mess of the traditional (old) way to produce tooling. You also avoid that problem of not quite getting what you really wanted due to the work involved.
    This way every single detail can be exactly the way you want, you know the left will be exacly the same as the right. You know the doors fit perfecly etc. And lots more benefits over the old ways.
    Finally after the design is totally finished on screen you press the button literally and start to machine the tooling from a solid using a five axis CNC milling machine, No old men required ! .
    But importantly the tooling is totally accurate and the tooling/Moulds taken from this is far superior to any before.
    So finally just to clarify the situation, we may have delayed the prototype through embracing new technoligy in design and the manufacture, but by doing so we have enhanced the quality accuracy and hopefully desireability of the final car. but most of all the final product has not been delayed just dramatically improved.
    Trust me you wont be dissapointed its the best yet.

Lee

And a quote from Fenix spokesman, Chris Murray
    Hi all,

As Lee mentioned in his blog, we embraced CAD to refine the body, design and packaging. This meant the "mule" we had been developing didn't reflect the new look of the car, even though the mechanicals were similar. Customer delivery expectations aren't really unaffected by this, we still expect those to start in the spring, but it did mean we had to decide whether or not to let the press have the old mule and we decided against it. The new design is much better and we want to maximise impact when the car is seen and we feel its better we let the press have something much closer to what the customer is going to get.

Sounds like the right decision. Can't wait to see it.

I agree. It sounds like Fenix ( old Noble) is taking a significant step forward in the overall build quality of the new Fenix. Bravo! Can't wait to see the new beast.

Time to start saving. Hope it is makes it to our side of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by whw7 View Post
    Time to start saving. Hope it is makes it to our side of the ocean.
    I would think there is at least a chance. Given Rossion's relationship with Lee, if there is a way, and a willingness, it could happen. Time will tell for sure.
    2004 M12 GTO 3R / 630 HP

Just to play 'devil's advocate' for a moment, don't you think it's NOT so likely that Rossion would rep Fenix in the US? Think about it...it would directly undermine their effort to see their present (and potentially future) products and dilute the establishment of the Q1 as a world-class exotic, no?...

Agreed. They are working to establish themselves as manufacturers/designers of a car. Not just importers. The Fenix would have too much overlap.
    Noble -> Rossion -> Origin

Well then, who will step up to become the Fenix rep for North America? Or am I going to have to move to Europe?

-S

With earlier talks to Lee Noble on his site, he seemed very motivated to bring the Fenix to the US Market. I am very hopefull that he brings it here, as I would be ready to get one. I'm sure all of us would

-Hooverized Monza Red Noble M400 - Sold. Chassis 119 - 515hp - Record for Longest Distance Traveled @ one time.
    -1969 Datsun 510 - All original / 56k Original Miles
    -2016 Kia Sorrento SX - The Commuter and Family Hauler
    -1960 Impala Convertible - Frame off Restoration in Viper Red. A Pops and I Project
    E63s Estate - Giddy up wagon
    Ford Focus ST - Shop Car

I can see it now, What's that? A Fenix. Who makes it? The Guy who made the Noble. Whats a Noble? A Noble. I'm confused, but that thang is badass.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.