Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: registration For New York

Default registration For New York

Ok Folks, go easy, this is my first posting:

So I bought the 2006 Blue M12 from Lambo of Houston.
    It has a Missouri 17 digit VIN assigned to it. It was then
    registered in Texas. It is being sold to me with a Texas title.
    Does anyone know if New York will except this title and just
    register the car? Thank you, Looking forward to all your input, Joe

There are a couple of NY owners here who will probably chime in, but your best bet is to check NY's DMV website for their component vehicle registration requirementsf first. Each state does things their own way, but the car should be registered as a component vehicle (like a kit car would be), because it is a hand built exotic that comes here minus the drivetrain only and it doesn't have OBDII capability. You don't want to get into that periodic evironmental testing quagmire. After checking their website, try to find out from the other NY owners here where they went for their registration stops. Going through a DMV process with one of their reps that is at least familiar with what the car is, makes things go a lot smoother no matter what state you are in.

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

Yes welcome and good luck!! Having the VIN number is the hardest part, that's gotta be a good thing

Joe, I can testify to the importance of going to a DMV office that has registered other Nobles. If you're far away from one of those offices, talk to other NY Noble owners to find out exactly what they did, and request that at your local DMV. If they won't do it, don't give up, just make the drive to the recommended office. It amazed me how differently the same rules are applied at different offices in CA. Congrats, and welcome to the club!

joelotusxi, please have someone up there check the wiring out on the car before you take it out anywhere, especially to the track.

I have seen the underside of that car in person with the panels off. I can not say how the repairs went, so it might be perfectly ok now. But it didn't look pretty when the tech had it pulled apart.

Oh and congrats on the purchase, I love that color on it. Was stunning in person.

LordZ what repair were needed?

All the wiring around the alternator and ac compressor were burnt through, the shielding was gone on some sections showing bare metal. I didn't have a flashlight to lookup towards the ecu, but something up in there got very hot.

Thanks I will inspect the car upon arrival.

No problem, just didn't want you to have any surprises on the maiden voyage! I posted what I saw in the for sale thread on it. I'm sorry you didn't see it there before the purchase. She is a gorgeous car though. You will enjoy it!

Another new owner! Congrats....