Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU Loom Adaptor/Motec Kit

Default ECU Loom Adaptor/Motec Kit

Dear All,

Could I have a quick straw poll on who may be interested in an ECU adaptor loom kit?

In basic terms this bit of kit would plug into the existing MBE loom where it usualy connects to the MBE ECU, have a short run of loom to a suitable plug/plug pack/plugs to connect to a Motec M48/M600 ECU.

It would be supplied with maps for standard M12's (be that 3R or M400) and allow a quick and easy way to upgrade the car to Motec managment and all the positives that brings with it (user mapable, easily tuneable by any engine fettler in the states, dash display outputs etc. etc.)

Total time to go from MBE to Motec with the above setup would be in the region of an hour.

Best Regards
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FP Technology
    Dear All,

Could I have a quick straw poll on who may be interested in an ECU adaptor loom kit?

In basic terms this bit of kit would plug into the existing MBE loom where it usualy connects to the MBE ECU, have a short run of loom to a suitable plug/plug pack/plugs to connect to a Motec M48/M600 ECU.

It would be supplied with maps for standard M12's (be that 3R or M400) and allow a quick and easy way to upgrade the car to Motec managment and all the positives that brings with it (user mapable, easily tuneable by any engine fettler in the states, dash display outputs etc. etc.)

Total time to go from MBE to Motec with the above setup would be in the region of an hour.

Best Regards
    Matt
    Wow! If it would also have the 3R "400" map as developed by Trevor at Roush, UK, I'd be interested, Matt.

Craig

Dear Craig,

If it's on Motec I can map it for any configuration/setup you like - if your local rolling road has a quick internet link and a spare laptop with Terminal Services and the Motec software I can fine tune it remotely.

Is the "400" map you are refering to the 0.9bar peak boost calibration?

Best Regards
    Matt

Dear Craig,

If it's on Motec I can map it for any configuration/setup you like - if your local rolling road has a quick internet link and a spare laptop with Terminal Services and the Motec software I can fine tune it remotely.

Is the "400" map you are refering to the 0.9bar peak boost calibration?

Best Regards
    Matt
    I believe it is actually 1.0 bar peak boost, Matt. Trevor (yellowshed) developed it for 1g Racing for sale to US 3R owners as an optional hypo add-on. My tuner is pretty knowledgeable so I would probably just have him talk to you about the tuning to see if you could hook into whatever he has or just follow your instructions. He specializes in boosted cars, especialy Scoobies and Evo's. Very knowledgeable guy. All I would really want him to do is set it up so that the air/fuel ratio is absolutely correct throughout the power band and that it is a little fat at the top to protect the motor. He can't check that with the current ECU, since it is password protected. I don't plan on tracking my car. I just want to make sure the ECU is set up absolutley correct for my car by tuning it on a dyno.

Craig

P.S.: Of course I would only want to do this after I have installed your intercooler package.
    Last edited by caccobra; 02-07-2006 at 07:23 AM.

Dear Craig,

if your local rolling road has a quick internet link and a spare laptop with Terminal Services and the Motec software I can fine tune it remotely.
    Now that would be cool.
    Regards
    Paul C

Matt,

I sent an email to my tuner (Dan @ Godspeed, Inc.) and copied you to get his thoughts and see if the two of you could get together via email to see what would be the best way to approach the tuning, etc.

Thanks.

Craig

P.S.: One other important point about the 3R "400" ECU package from 1g. It also includes a higher capacity fuel pump (I assume the same as the M400, but I don't know that for sure).
    Last edited by caccobra; 02-07-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Craig,

It will be the M400 fuel pump or similar, the standard 3R pump runs out of puff at circa 380bhp.

Have got the mail and I look forward to having a chat with Dan.

Best Regards
    Matt

Count me in.
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Matt,
    Will the adapter loom pin match to the M800 ECU?
    What version of Motec software did you use to develope your calibration MAPS(the new version 3.0 by chance)?
    I have a spare US loom if you need it to check for compatibility, more than happy to send it to you.
    Cost and time frame?
    Gregg A. Imel

Essentialy we could produce a loom adaptor to work with any aftermarket ECU. M800 would be no problem, although the M600 should provide you with all the functionality you require for a road car.

Omex and Autronic would also be a possibility.

I'll check if any differences exist between UK and US looms, if not then we will use a spare UK loom to test with.

Time frame, give us a couple of months as we are in the run up to the start of the race season and as always it will need to pass race testing to ensure sufficent levels of durability are present (I don't forsee an issue).

Cost - without the ECU and with a suitable calibration supplied on CD then it won't be overly costly. I'll have a better idea once I've spoken to our loom suppliers and costed out the required plugs etc.

Of course a nice advantage of this is that if you ever want to put the car back to standard it is very easily done.

Best Regards
    Matt