Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Considering 19" wheels, what are the offsets etc?????

Hmmm well whatever wheels i buy will probably be online, cant physically see them.
    Thanks for the info 9secz
    Anyone else have figures for me?

Regarding Zezhino's post about sidewall and handling:

Keep in mind that Formula 1 cars run BIG sidewalls, and that the sidewall size combined with tire pressure can account for (IIRC) about 60% of total spring rate/suspension effect (!). The Noble is light and has a ridiculous power-to-weight ratio. Even with street driving, I'd recommend careful thought before putting big rims with "electrical tape" low-profile tires on the car (although it DOES look awesome!).

-Stew

^ be careful in what sense?

Quote Originally Posted by m_coupe1999 View Post
    ^ be careful in what sense?
    Careful in the sense that putting the power down over bumps, off-camber areas, etc with the suspension compromised may result in a dramatic exit from the motorway! The car may handle fine with bigger wheels and lower offset tires, but I'd approach the limit of grip carefully. With stock or near-stock sizes, the car seems very stable and communicative. It also handles bumps very well without loosing grip.

Can someone confirm if the following will fit a Noble M400?
    19"x8.5j F et23 (as per OE)
    19"x9.5j R et25 (to allow for the 9.5j)
    This is what the seller has for 19" wheels and says they should fit a Noble.
    I'm clueless when it comes to wheels and their measurements! Please help

6. Default

Only 9.5 in the rear? That's gonna hurt how much rubber you can put back there.

Also what's the bolt pattern? We're 4x103 as I recall which is not that common. Hence, all the custom wheels.

Edit: 4x108
    Last edited by Mike Muenter; 11-15-2010 at 07:02 PM.
    -- Mike
    04 Noble M12 GTO-3R (Robb and Hoover)
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm
    97 3000GT VR-4
    00 Dakota Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Muenter View Post
    Only 9.5 in the rear? That's gonna hurt how much rubber you can put back there.

Also what's the bolt pattern? We're 4x103 as I recall which is not that common. Hence, all the custom wheels.
    What do u mean by hurt how much rubber I can put there?!

I thought we are 4x108??!!

Can someone please confirm

Why is this so difficult to do??!!!

8. Default

Sorry my bad... 4x108 is the pattern.

I run 285/35 rear and 245/40 front on the 18s. They fill the wheel wells PLUS add rubber as I have a tune and the extra rubber helps. The 245 front and 285 rear keep the "stock" 225/265 balance relatively intact as does the 35 and 40 profiles I've kept. It does not adversely impact handling as some of the people have experienced with lower profile tires.

9.5 rears means you can't go very much wider than stock on the rears. Even 9.5 AND stock will affect the handling a bit as the sidewalls will have a different profile and possibly change the contact patch. It'll depend on the tire and the specs.
    Last edited by Mike Muenter; 11-15-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    -- Mike
    04 Noble M12 GTO-3R (Robb and Hoover)
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm
    97 3000GT VR-4
    00 Dakota Sport

That's complicated lolll
    I thought u can easily fit x9.5 or even x10 in the back.
    I usually use profile 30 for 19" wheels, anything more than that looks bulky!

there is no doubt that a set of 19s will look fantastic... but IMO only do it if you are going for looks and accept a reduction in dynamics.

19's will weigh more so increase your unsprung weight, this will make a larger difference than a normal car as its light and so the % goes up more dramatically... the height of the sidewall will reduce and unless you change the shocks etc to suit you will not only effect handling, but make the car stiffer and loosing ride quality.
    then of cause there are the issues if you change the wheel widths, you need it staggered to maintain the different track front to rear and also maintain the tyre control (same size wheel front rear with different size tyres will mean they will flex differently.