View Poll Results: What Designation Should Grapeman's Car Have?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Noble M400 TGR - (TurboHoses - Grapemen Racer)

13 72.22%
  • Noble M400 STR - (Single Turbo Racer)

4 22.22%
  • Noble M400 FTY - (Faster Than You)

1 5.56%
  • Noble M400 SBI - (Sissy Bars Inside)

0 0%
  • Noble M400 FTS - (Faster Than Snot)

0 0%
Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Grapeman's Noble Racing

Default Grapeman's Noble Racing

Hey guys. I'm home for the night. Yeah, today was just practice. The car ran flawlessly. Even flat out as hard as I could on slicks, the oil temp never went above 220 f. and oil pressure never dropped below about 68 psi. It is truly only limited by the driver! I know there are people on here with a ton of race experience, but this is my first. It's way exciting and I'm very nervous!!!!!

Hoover was right. There are three cars in my class, but they put us with GT1, GT2, GT3 and SP (so there will be 14 cars in my race). Those guys are really, really fast. I know I'll learn a ton. Hopefully the first lesson is to keep the shiny side up! The Porsche in my class is a really neat car. The guy bought it from a race team in (I think) Florida. Andy Lally raced the car two years ago, so it is very well sorted and fast. We were very close in practice, so it should be fun. I never saw the Corvette out there, so I don't know how fast he is. Honestly, I'm not even thinking about winning. I want to get out there, be safe, and learn to drive a race car. Hopefully the whole winning thing will come as I do!

Qualifying is tomorrow morning and then race in the afternoon. Then race again Sunday afternoon. Wish me luck!

P.S. Driving down the street, Track Day, or Race Day, it's the same. Everyone comes up to admire the car, take pictures, and ask questions about it. At the lunch break, 3 corner workers sought me out to ask about the car. They loved its look, sound and speed! This is just more fun than should be legal. Now...if I could just borrow Gman's leggy blond.
    Robert

Good luck Grapeman!!!! Soon we will meet on the track complete with leggy brunettes and blondes..

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeman View Post
    Now...if I could just borrow Gman's leggy blond.
    But, since you had us remove the passenger seat, where are you going to put her? Believe me, sitting on your Cool Suit box just isn't very comfortable...

Good luck this weekend!!!

Have a great time! I bet by the time you're half way through your first lap the butterflies will have settled, you'll find yourself just focussing on your line and the next thing you'll notice is you have a big, stupid grin on your face. That's the real reason why it's important to wear a full coverage helmet.

You can put off the overall win till Sunday! You're no longer a rookie then. :P

Cheers,

a.

Quote Originally Posted by Tills View Post
    Have a great time! I bet by the time you're half way through your first lap the butterflies will have settled, you'll find yourself just focussing on your line and the next thing you'll notice is you have a big, stupid grin on your face. That's the real reason why it's important to wear a full coverage helmet.

You can put off the overall win till Sunday! You're no longer a rookie then. :P

Cheers,

a.
    Yeah...I'll be a grizzled veteran of a whole one race! Thanks.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    But, since you had us remove the passenger seat, where are you going to put her? Believe me, sitting on your Cool Suit box just isn't very comfortable...

Good luck this weekend!!!
    Thanks, Jim! Well, she would never leave Gman for me anyway. His car is a lot cleaner and he's way better looking!
    Robert

Remember to breathe, breathe, breathe...... It is hard to control all that adrenalin.
    2010 Rossion Q1 Turbohoses
    2014 Úlan DP02
    2012 McLaren MP4-12C
    2013 Radical SR3 RS
    1999 Mazda Spec Miata
    1957 Corvette Fuelie Vintage Road Racer

Best of luck to you, Robert!

Goodluck Grapeman!! Be safe and have a great time

text from grapeman:

"qualifier times. Hit 158 intoturn one. previous best. was last saturday at 1:52.9. Car loves cool air!!!"

158 miles into turn one is SUPER FAST!!!!
    That's DV's speed!!!
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N