Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HID's

Default HID's

I just received my HID's and am installing them. I will need to adjust them once they are in as my headlights have always been out of alignment. My question is, is there some type of measurement I can do for accuracy? For example, if I shine my lights on my garage wall from 10 feet away, should my beam hit the wall at a certain height?
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

This is a pretty good way to adjust your headlights http://www.automedia.com/Aiming_Head...cr20010801ha/1

Wooww great link! I've always wanted to know that for my BMW m3! it was done by a mechanic, but I've always wanted to do it myself.
    Good stuff

How's the install and alignment going for the HID's Godzilla?

Do you like them?

Quote Originally Posted by rogereagle View Post
    How's the install and alignment going for the HID's Godzilla?

Do you like them?
    The install was plug and play easy. The hardest part was removing the old weather stripping off the back or the housing. They look and perform great. I ended up not having to adjust the level and so far no one has flashed their brights at me. At under $80 including shipping, it is a no brainer improvement.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Default HID's

Great news Godzilla.

Would that be high and low beam HID? I'd like to fit some to mine but it appears to be a minefield of variables such as "color/heat rating" size and placement of the power unit, wattage and so on.

Did you melt your lense covers yet?

Going to make the "South Mountain" bike run in the Noble for the first time tomorrow (weather being OK). Will let you know how it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by rogereagle View Post
    Great news Godzilla.

Would that be high and low beam HID? I'd like to fit some to mine but it appears to be a minefield of variables such as "color/heat rating" size and placement of the power unit, wattage and so on.

Did you melt your lense covers yet?

Going to make the "South Mountain" bike run in the Noble for the first time tomorrow (weather being OK). Will let you know how it works out!
    From what the kit maker says, the lights put out less heat than the stock bulbs.

Be careful, with all that new power and cold roads, it could be a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    The install was plug and play easy. The hardest part was removing the old weather stripping off the back or the housing. They look and perform great. I ended up not having to adjust the level and so far no one has flashed their brights at me. At under $80 including shipping, it is a no brainer improvement.
    Which set did you go with, and did you only do the lows, or both high and lows ? What temp rating did ya go with ?
    2004 M12 GTO 3R / 630 HP

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Which set did you go with, and did you only do the lows, or both high and lows ? What temp rating did ya go with ?
    I went with the 55watt 2k low beam. I will probably do the highbeam because they look yellow compared to the low. From what I read, it is the same kit for the highbeam as the lowbeam, just pointed higher. I could be a hassle to fit two ballasts under the housing. Also you will lose the ability to flash you brights at on coming traffic because they take a couple of seconds to warm up.

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_inf...roducts_id=297

Thanks, doesnt show 2K available in the 35W or 55W, so was it another value you got instead ? I would kind of lean towards the 6k value, and probably stick to that for lows and highs, even with the given "no flash" ability for real visibility on the mountain roads. As for the second ballast, that could be a issue, but may be one which can be resolved, even externally of the enclosure covers. Wonder if any of the guys on the forum have done both highs and lows ?
    2004 M12 GTO 3R / 630 HP