Thread: M12 side marker/ repeater lamps

Default M12 side marker/ repeater lamps

The bulb may have quit on the left side (drivers side here in USA). Can anyone help me with personal knowldge as to how I remove the bulb holder and lamp from the body work.
    I did a search and found some information from 2006 re there being a hook at one end of the lamp body and a plastic "spring" clip at the other end. I think I've seen them before on a Mazda.
    My intuition would say that the "hook" end would be facing forward and the "spring clip" towards the rear.
    On that, maybe flawed basis, I tried to release the rearward end but only heard harsh noises like something was about to give way; sounded like plastic stressing/breaking!
    It's darn cold here in NC right now, so maybe I should use a hair dryer or something similar.
    Any help or ideas out there......all and any comments welcome with thanks.
    Happy Holidays to you all.

Mine were sort of stuck to the body with double stick tape (driver side falling off). There was no clipping action, once I pulled the tape off, only fresh tape would reinstall them. I replaced mine with clears that clip in place.

Jeff

I recommend a hair dryer, you do have nice hair.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Default Side marker/repeater lamps

Thanks guys, always great to have some input. I'll get brave and use a hair dryer. If mine have hooks etc I'll let y'all know.

Thanks for the compiment Godzilla, you must have seen me with my expensive "rug" straight from the cleaners!!