Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polyurethane control arm bushings

Default Polyurethane control arm bushings

Hello everyone, we are now offering polyurethane control arm bushing kits for all M12s, M400s, and Q1s.

Price is $164.27 for a kit of 20 bushings, this is enough for all 8 control arms on the car, plus the rear toe links.

Normal ship time is between 2-3 weeks from time ordered.

These can be purchased directly from our online store: http://rossionautomotive.mybigcommer...shing-kit.html

Last edited by Serban; 02-15-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Serban Gavrilescu

Thanks Serban, have these been in use with the Rossions as a "stock" item, or something you are just now offering as a viable option for both the Rossion's and Noble's ? Further, has Rossion run these on track for any appreciable period of time or miles ?

Otherwise, hope you all are well !
    2004 M12 GTO 3R / 630 HP

Nice offerring!!
    2010 Rossion Q1 Turbohoses
    2014 Úlan DP02
    2012 McLaren MP4-12C
    2013 Radical SR3 RS
    1999 Mazda Spec Miata
    1957 Corvette Fuelie Vintage Road Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Thanks Serban, have these been in use with the Rossions as a "stock" item, or something you are just now offering as a viable option for both the Rossion's and Noble's ? Further, has Rossion run these on track for any appreciable period of time or miles ?

Otherwise, hope you all are well !
    IMO, there is no way solid bushings like that could be used on a car intended for street driving--they would deliver way too harsh a ride. OK (and best) for smooth tracks .
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

The new bushings have been tested on our track/road going Q1 test vehicle and we have been very impressed with the improved ride quality and steering feel even on the street. These are high quality bushings that have been manufactured for Rossion by a company that manufactures aftermarket bushings for Porsche, BMW, Ford, and Subaru. We are currently offering them for "off road use only" and will be offering them as optional equipment on Rossion product for now.

If any Noble or Rossion owners would like to drive our Q1 with the new bushings, please feel free to contact us at anytime and go for a drive.
    Serban Gavrilescu

I have no personal experience with poly a-arm bushings, but lots of experience using poly for antiroll bar pivot and end link bushings. My take is that, in this application, they might be a nice compromise between softish rubber and using brutally hard and noisy rod ends. They are a popular mod in C5- and C6-land for guys looking to sharpen the car's reflexes.

I'm tempted!

Jeff

I have had 2 cars with all poly bushings and track shocks/springs on the road. One had Recaro SRD's and it was ok even though the spring rate was 3 times stock. The other had Kirkey seats and it was a bit much for a daily driver. The only place I notices the harshness of the bushings was over small sharp bumps eg. bridge expansion joints, rumble strips etc.
    I would have them in a car again without question. One concern would be material chosen, some are horribly squeaky, others not at all.
    "The primary job of government is to pretend to fail." - R

Quote Originally Posted by jmg944t View Post
    One concern would be material chosen, some are horribly squeaky, others not at all.
    Serban, any comments on this point, based on your testing to date ? Come on now, be honest ...........
    2004 M12 GTO 3R / 630 HP

Sounds like I am sold.

Serban, Are these a bitch to install? Do you have to use a press? Do they squeak a lot? What kind of grease should be used?
    2010 Rossion Q1 Turbohoses
    2014 Úlan DP02
    2012 McLaren MP4-12C
    2013 Radical SR3 RS
    1999 Mazda Spec Miata
    1957 Corvette Fuelie Vintage Road Racer

this looks interesting!
    Dont mind getting it done if they dont squeak
    Wilson

" For power, buy the Corvette.
    For weight, buy the Exige.
    For handling, buy the GT3.