Thread: New exhaust from Yellowshed in Europe

Default New exhaust from Yellowshed in Europe

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...39058&f=26&h=0

? cost
    ? piping diameter
    ? flex section
    ? weight
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Well, this answers the flex section question. Stainless steel mesh-type flex section. Good choice.

RacePrecision GotApex

New information:

2.5" inner diameter (like stock)
    Ceramic coating and/or heat wrap optional
    RacePrecision GotApex

Quote Originally Posted by K Burtoft
    At about $4K USD. Still nice piece.
    Doesn't sound right, K. 1,275 GBP = $2,224.34 US today. See http://www.exchangerate.com/quick_ca...Submit=Convert

For those of you interested in the weight issue, I have just weighed the systems (old and new) and we're a couple of pounds heavier at 55lbs vs the standard system at 53lbs.

Also, the dyno results so far indicate 20+bhp at the wheels improvement and the top end opens out nicely to the limiter. We're just checking the fuel pressure issue with a M400 pump today and will post later about the results.

Hopefully, I'll post some syno graphs soon, too.

We're working on a cost for ceramic coating, but that may be something that'll be a lot cheaper for you guys to do as it seems to be more common over there - saves some import tax too.

YellowShed

Easiest way is to contact me through my PistonHeads profile

Trevor:

Just a reminder (which you probably are already aware of): The US model gets slightly different exhaust manifolds from the UK model, so the turbo positioning is a bit different. This may affect the top of the piping location slightly.
    RacePrecision GotApex

Confrmed that the US M400 cars run a different manifold (I wasn't fully aware of the changes, but have had them confirmed by Mike E at 1G) and so our exhausts will not fit yet. Am looking into the possibilities.

However, all the M12s will take our exhaust.

YellowShed

Quote Originally Posted by YellowShed
    Confrmed that the US M400 cars run a different manifold (I wasn't fully aware of the changes, but have had them confirmed by Mike E at 1G) and so our exhausts will not fit yet. Am looking into the possibilities.

However, all the M12s will take our exhaust.

YellowShed
    Dear All,
    It looks like we have another emerging standard. As far as I am concerend Matt's IC upgrade is the standard IC upgrade and it looks like Trevor's exhaust upgrade is destined to become the standard for the exhaust side of the combustion chain. A pity I don't need one.
    Regards
    PauL C

Trevor,

A while back I had tried to order Plans Motorsports' Exhaust, but was told by them that it wouldn't fit my U.S. M400. If you make a modified version to fit U.S. cars then I'll order your exhaust.

Regards,

Mike
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.