Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Gabe has 2 heads...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Gabe has 2 heads...

    ...that are almost complete.

    Ferrea custom valvetrain is in, heads re-ported, cleaned, etc. Now we wait for the cams...

    Heads (2.5l V6) are match ported with Ferrea super alloy valves, Ferrea retainers, Ferrea keepers, Ferrea valve springs, Ford seals, custom cams.
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    more pics......
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,809
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I can't wait to see what Gabe has when you guys are done. You will have do a dyno run and use a GTech or datalogger to measure the performance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Beautiful!! What ECU are you going with?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turnbaugh
    I can't wait to see what Gabe has when you guys are done. You will have do a dyno run and use a GTech or datalogger to measure the performance.
    We have a dyno here, and believe me, I cant wait to dyno it either. Maybe we can set up a dyno day here. I really want to dyno Gabe and Chris' cars vs stock Nobles. Here are pics with our metal head gasket which is available for ordering.





    Quote Originally Posted by caccobra
    Beautiful!! What ECU are you going with?
    We are going with a piggy back system. The stock ECU does a good job and a little bit of help would be enough.
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollhard

    We are going with a piggy back system. The stock ECU does a good job and a little bit of help would be enough.
    Some very nice, high quality stuff there. Will the piggyback ECU make it fully adjustable for tuning?

    I'm very interested in the ECU jumper cable that Matt is developing too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caccobra
    Some very nice, high quality stuff there. Will the piggyback ECU make it fully adjustable for tuning?

    I'm very interested in the ECU jumper cable that Matt is developing too.
    Of course! We will be able to adjust fuel curve in 50rpm increments at both low and high throttle (hi or low throttle position programable). We were going to do Motec, harness, the whole shabamm but it ends up becoming a $5K+ project for you guys then. This way, it would keeps cost under $1000 and you will be able to do a lot. IMO, there is no need to go with a full standalone unless you are aiming for GOBS of hp, in which this case, would totally kill your Noble (well, unless you are going to drag race only, but who would drag race a Noble?)
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollhard
    Of course! We will be able to adjust fuel curve in 50rpm increments at both low and high throttle (hi or low throttle position programable). We were going to do Motec, harness, the whole shabamm but it ends up becoming a $5K+ project for you guys then. This way, it would keeps cost under $1000 and you will be able to do a lot. IMO, there is no need to go with a full standalone unless you are aiming for GOBS of hp, in which this case, would totally kill your Noble (well, unless you are going to drag race only, but who would drag race a Noble?)
    Woudn't the jumper cable Matt was talking about still allow you to use a better ECU and avoid a $5K bill? I don't know much about a piggyback system. Keep us posted on that, ok?

    You're right, this is not a car that anyone should be trying to drag race with (from a dead start). But on the street or track, precise tuning is everything.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Correct me if I'm wrong. I think Matt was working on a Motec harness right? The motec system, harness, and tuning will run you around $10k. Of course, you'll have much more control over every aspect of the car. Nothing wrong at all in using the Motec system. Its just awesome. THe only thing is that its quite expensive.
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,515
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollhard
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I think Matt was working on a Motec harness right? The motec system, harness, and tuning will run you around $10k. Of course, you'll have much more control over every aspect of the car. Nothing wrong at all in using the Motec system. Its just awesome. THe only thing is that its quite expensive.
    I guess we'll have to hear from Matt on that. You're right. $10K seems like a high price to pay for full tuning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •