Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q1 jack point

Nevermind, I see in the Noble manual they don't recommend using that angled piece ahead of the front wheel for a jackstand, nor along the front bar.

Nor does it show jacking from the center of the rear bar, only off to the sides nearer the wheels.

Oh bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    No in both cases--that front subframe is not a structural part of the chassis! It is really just "tacked" on to the main chassis tubes.
    See the "bare" chassis below
    Cool, thanks for that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDown View Post
    Cool, thanks for that pic.

Any chance someone can post the pictures again?🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Im trying to figure out how I can jack up the front and rear so I can change the tires and oil

i just got a low profile jack from Harbor Freght and Iím skeptical about it working

Name:  D39F097D-9C71-495E-9817-BDCFAE931EAE.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  61.3 KB

Here ya go.

as as others said, slippery! For oil change, youíll likely want to put the tires on a drive up ramp for ease. If you donít already have a hole, drop the pan and make one. Itíll come in handy. Too many screws to drop the pan each time, and the best jack stand points are where the pieces overlap.

Ok thanks I saved it. Does the black triangle and other shapes towards the rear mean anything?
    I just have a normal garage and a large flexible funnel that the previous owner used for a clean oil change. It should work according to him but I haven’t even located the filter yet. I need to order some rubber jack pads for on Amazon first

The triangle is a cut out in the sheet. It will be how you access the filter.
    There may be a cut out from factory for drain, but if you have modified oil pan, it won’t be in that spot anymore. Flexible funnel worked well for me on the filter. My hole for the oil drain is a bit off, so that part went terribly...

i had rubber pads for stands. Worked terribly. I would love a better stand solution, so let me know what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by ConSynX View Post
    The triangle is a cut out in the sheet. It will be how you access the filter.
    There may be a cut out from factory for drain, but if you have modified oil pan, it wonít be in that spot anymore. Flexible funnel worked well for me on the filter. My hole for the oil drain is a bit off, so that part went terribly...

i had rubber pads for stands. Worked terribly. I would love a better stand solution, so let me know what you find.
    Yup, problematic...that is why i have this on the way: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-22-829
    and will go approx. where the battery was - as i now have the braille GU1R behind the passenger seat.

Name:  IMG_20171017_172908_078.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  432.7 KB

This also leaves a lot of room for the next mod: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-24-006