Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Effort by Lee...

Interesting how although Ultima is mentioned in his bio, no mention of Noble... Legal reasons??

Lee Noble during Arrinera Hussarya rolling chassis tests, with Arrinera Automotive CEO Łukasz Tomkiewicz. October 2013, Motopark Ułęż , Poland (photo from https://www.facebook.com/arrinera.automotive)

Lee Noble tests Arrinera

I especially like the bonnet latches.

Name:  tmwzwox9jmoexsmhyvkl.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  213.3 KB

Jeff

Jeff, looks like you still have the old type aircraft fasteners in addition to the new Aerocatch latches. Why not remove the originals? Still need both?

Quote Originally Posted by WJS26 View Post
    Jeff, looks like you still have the old type aircraft fasteners in addition to the new Aerocatch latches. Why not remove the originals? Still need both?
    I've pulled the center sections out, but the outer rings are bonded to the clam. It looks like the holes that will be left after "unbonding" them will be pretty large.

Eventually I'll take the car to a body shop to have the four remaining holes filled. I do not have the patience for DIY body or paint work!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by NobleM400 View Post
    I've pulled the center sections out, but the outer rings are bonded to the clam. It looks like the holes that will be left after "unbonding" them will be pretty large.

Eventually I'll take the car to a body shop to have the four remaining holes filled. I do not have the patience for DIY body or paint work!

Jeff
    Loving the new latches. A good quality body shop should be able to repair the holes, spot in base and blend the clear with no issues. Did you change the latches on the rear clam as well?

As for the Arrinera, I'm digging the new look a lot more than what they started with. I wouldn't pay what they're asking for it but if you gave me one I'd damn sure drive the hell out of it.

I did the rear clam first.

Jeff

Very good.

On a side note I noticed in the video of Lee thrashing the bare test car chassis there was no rear wing. Seems like this lack of aero would not be good for dialing in the suspension. Just my .2c